Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Jeep owner now for a few months (07 Wrangler Sport) and I'm digging it! Lately I've noticed that when referring to it, I don't like to call it a car or a truck (the girlfriend and I have disused this a bit, she finds it funny, but I just can't call it anything else).

So I ask, why is a Jeep not a car or a truck? And what do you call it?

Also, I'm curious if anyone has named their Jeep!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I would classify my jeep TJ closer to a truck but never a car tho... If I did call it a "car" a little kitten somewhere would die and we don't need that now lol

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
A Kitten Dies ! Lol. That's freakin Awesome. ROFL ! That's goin on a shirt or bumper sticker for me.

·
Administrator
30,779 Posts
It is a Jeep. There is no other like it.

No car or truck let's you go topless and doorless and has the ability to take you anywhere you want to go all rolled into one.

No car or truck can be modified in so many ways that it would be possible for no 2 to be the same.

As far as I know there is only one thing that a Wrangler can't do...Win a Race.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
It is a Jeep. There is no other like it.

No car or truck let's you go topless and doorless and has the ability to take you anywhere you want to go all rolled into one.

No car or truck can be modified in so many ways that it would be possible for no 2 to be the same.

As far as I know there is only one thing that a Wrangler can't do...Win a Race.
or pass a gas station :rofl: :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Help control the pet population as Bob Barker used to say. Everyone needs to call their Jeep a car... I have 7 cats, hope to reduce my pet population... Jeep car FTW!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sport utility vehicle? That's the closest definition in correlation to a common-named vehicle.

Also Jeeps win races, well one race... anyone see the CJ vs the Ferrari? Plus a TJ completed the Baja 500 a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
A car is a car, a truck is a truck and a Jeep is a Jeep. If you say SUV that could be a Ford Excursion or a tiny Suzuki.

When you see this picture you know it's a Jeep, not a truck, not a car and definitely not an SUV.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I love seeing old pics like the one above....
my 91 yj,4.0,auto,soa with 33's thinks it's a truck..it spent today pulling a trailer around the farm as we loaded pecan limbs on it that we had cut off the trees..
my 80 cj7,400 horse 350,350 turbo,1 tons with 4.56 gears thinks it is a 68 camaro SS and feels like one on the street

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I call them ORV...Off Road Vehicles. SUV makes no sense to me. What "Sport" do you use a "Utility Vehicle"? Stupid term for a vehicle made up by idiots at a desk with nothing better to do...lol!! Kinda like "Cross-Over" vehicles...what?!? Didn't know automobiles had an identity crisis.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts