Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking to buy my first Jeep, either a Sahara or Rubicon. One thing I did decide was I wanted the Black and Tan interior with leather seats. The problem is, apparently there is not a single Wrangler within 200 miles of Atlanta, Ga with leather seats according to Jeep.com. Is there some reason for this, shortage of leather or is leather undesirable in Wranglers for some reason?

Thanks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm in Ashevillle, NC I just bought a 2013 rubi and couldn't find leather. You can get Katskin kit installed it and it will be the same as factory. You should be able to add this in with financing at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Either have the dealer install the Katzkin leather option on an in-stock vehicle or order one the way you want it.

Most people don't want leather in a Jeep that will likely get dirty or have the top left off for months at a time.

I did want leather, so I custom ordered mine. Should be here in a couple of weeks. :dance:

Mike

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks for the info. Looks to just be an unpopular option. I figured if I got the tan leather that it would be Ok. Also, good to know that the Katzkin kits are the same, however I don't I could order and install that kit for the $1000 charge to upgrade to leather on the build sheet.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's mainly a cost vs demand. I wouldn't not have it, but I'm not out slinging mud into my 40k vehicle either. I'm not gonna lie I built a mall crawler so I wanted the leather

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info. Looks to just be an unpopular option. I figured if I got the tan leather that it would be Ok. Also, good to know that the Katzkin kits are the same, however I don't I could order and install that kit for the $1000 charge to upgrade to leather on the build sheet.
1095 installed, 1195 installed with lettering in headrest. 5 year warranty. :thumb:
I did this on my 370z I had it 3 years put 40k miles on it and the leather looked brand new

·
Registered
291 Posts
My dealer found almost the Jeep I wanted a few hundred miles away but it had cloth seats. I told them to just special order my vehicle with saddle tan leather seats because I wasn't compromising on that.

I ride Harley's in the NC summer heat and don't have a problem with a hot ass on my bike seat left in the scorching southern sun. I had leather seats in a Corvette had and a simple towel thrown over the seat cured any possibility of a hot ass. My question is just how often would the vehicle be left in full sun with the top down ?

As for leather looking bad over time, I just bought a WWII G1 USN Flight Jacket dated 1944 and it looks great. It's all in the way you take care of stuff. If you neglect anything it will fail you.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Must be a market thing. Half the Rubi's and Sara's up here are leather. Walked around a bunch of '13's yesterday in Olympia, Wa.

Bob K.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Just bought a 2013 Billett Sahara with black leather off the lot in Cary, NC (actually negotiated for it while it was in transit). The dealer had another billett with black/tan, also had some others with leather including a True Blue with black/tan.

Google Autopark Jeep, Cary NC, and see if they've got anything you want.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 13 Wrangler came with cloth. I ordered black leather Katzkin through the dealer. The best part was I was able to custom order anything i wanted. I got black leather with black stitching and Jeep stitched in black on the seat backs. Well worth it.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Saddle leather in my Billet Sahara is the bomb-dot-com......

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Its not cost, market, quality etc. It was because leather was on hold and production delays most likely caused dealers to get cloth if they wanted them at all. I like my leather, but could have easily been persuaded into katzkins...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leather, like 3.73's and 730N, was tough to find in my JKUS in NJ. After some work got black with saddle leather, 3.73 auto and 730N. Glad I hunted it down.

Had Katskinz installed in my wife's vehicle a bunch of years ago. Great quality and would have done it without hesitation in the Sahara if I couldn't find factory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts