Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So
Have a 97 2.5 stick. 30in tires. 2 in lift - high flow cat, high flo exhaust.
all tuned up. yet im getting high of 14.4 and today 12.6. I drive like an old lady dont get it. info - it does have 169000 miles but had perfect Oil Pressure and burns not a drop of oil. normal power. drives runs great but I cant get what everyone else seems to be getting..

thanks
p.scott:banghead:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Start checking your vacuum lines, one at a time, replacing if necessary. Replace if suspect. Put a vacuum gauge in cab and try to drive with high vacuum. It tells a lot about your driving habits. Keep in mind these are only suggestions.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My problem was restricted exhaust and leaking injector. Check to see if any of your brakes are binding, 02 sensor, intake or exhaust leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have an 03 jeep wrangler sahara and it was recently wrecked..they put a new rear end in it but it seems to have lost about 4 mpg.. i have 33 12.5 on it with a 3in body lift and 10in wheels..i had previously had 33 12.5 on it but with 8in wheels..and got 13 mpg.. what might have happened? rearend or somthing else?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I also have a 97 2.5 with 30's, no lift though. I am average about 15 mpg....but I think my issue is the previous owner hadn't done a tune up. That's next month's project ( oh crap, it's next month already. Time to ask the wife for jeep money! )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts