Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
That's the wrong kind of intake for a TJ. Replace it with a factory unit.

·
Registered
905 Posts
X3 on returning to your stock air cleaner setup. Numerous threads in the past along with lab testing stats that show the OEM filters better than all the aftermarket gizmos that take your $ for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
These after market filters are very noisy. I would expect to find a leak if it’s actually whistling.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Stock box and good paper filter seems like best bet.

On the whistling...
Maybe the filter media is clogged and is trying to suck in air where it attaches or at the seams or other connection point leading to the throttle body... Like it might be gasping for air it is not getting passed through the filter and pulling it through any place it can.

Reactions: BlueFl.wrangler

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
X3 on returning to your stock air cleaner setup. Numerous threads in the past along with lab testing stats that show the OEM filters better than all the aftermarket gizmos that take your $ for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you point me in the direction to purchase an OEM replacement?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can you point me in the direction to purchase an OEM replacement?
Ebay has several vendors that should have them. Maybe your local Craigslist.

·
Registered
20 Posts
try a salvage yard
There are numerous jeep specific yards around the country that will have one for you
Stay away from that one out in colorado though

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Ebay and Craigslist often have many of the OE airboxes available. They tend to come on the used market, when somebody decides a new cold-air intake will have their TJ make much more power than the stock set-up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts