Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting in the locker bypass last night and disconnected all the connectors and this area had wiring going to it but there's no switch...just curious as to what it's for? Did a quick search and didn't find much.

(Note this is not my picture, borrowed from a locker bypass write up)

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do you happen to know what those orange switches would go to? That space in ours is a big empty hole.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jacqui said:
Do you happen to know what those orange switches would go to? That space in ours is a big empty hole.
Those are after market switches for the front and rear locker bypass. Got this pic from a write up how to do that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Those are after market switches for the front and rear locker bypass. Got this pic from a write up how to do that.
:doh: Thanks. That area didn't come with anything from the factory, then? Just wanted to make sure our Jeep isn't missing something it should have.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
:doh: Thanks. That area didn't come with anything from the factory, then? Just wanted to make sure our Jeep isn't missing something it should have.
I am not sure of what year it happened....but a thread on here in the past mentioned an ashtray went in that spot at one time.

My '04 has the "smoker's option" and the ashtray was moved to the center console and is removable......could be wrong but first guess is someone tossed your ashtray.......second guess.....someone started a "mod" using that blank space and either removed it, or never finished it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I think it was '00, maybe '01, that they switched the bezel design.
Older had an ashtray, three switch slots, and a cigarette lighter.
Newer got no ashtray, 4 switches, cigarette lighter, and acc outlet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts