Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I recently got back into a Jeep. I bought my first 32 years ago at 17 yrs old, a daily driver 74 CJ5, then a 78 CJ5, then a 77 GE CJ7, then built a fiberglass sand dragger CJ7...then got out of them and switched hobbies. I just bought a 06 GE...from years past, you couldn't get half the money out as you put into them....the last few years, down economy and all, the Wranglers have exploded in market value. I bought one because I wanted something different to drive than my Duramax 4x4 every day....gas is cheaper than diesel, Jeep gets better around town mileage than my Dmax and wifes Denali, cost per maintenance mile is less with the Jeep than our other vehicles. Won't be selling the Dmax as it has it's need too. Biggest reason..... I wanted one again.

My Dad is 74 years young and has always had a Jeep since I bought my 78'....he bought my 74'. He then bought a 78' CJ5, then a 02 wrangler, today he has a 06 Wrangler with a 4" lift and loaded with options. As well, he built and still owns a small block chevy powered CJ5 for sand playin' ....keeps him young.

·
Registered
698 Posts
IF IT has to be Explained ~~~~ IT wouldn't be Understood !

·
Registered
299 Posts
Had wanted another ever since I got rid of my old 63. I did have another Jeep for a time, a mid 80's Wagoneer with quadratrack, thing was a beast but couldn't afford to keep gas in it when I was a kid...whats sad is at that time gas was only around 70 cents a gallon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They are just plain SEXY :punk:
Even ugly people look SEXY in them :dance:
Your paycheck has to go somewhere, why not a JEEP :thumb:
Your wife or girlfriend can go TOPLESS in public and not get into trouble with the law.:whistling:

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
It fits my life.
If it is dirty--it's okay.
If it is clean --it's okay.
If you don't understand--it's okay---it's not your JEEP!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
American, it can take a hell of a beating, it'll last you forever (there's a thread on here about who has the most milage on their jeep. Jeeps last 300+ easy), you can upgrade everything on it yourself!! (well a lot of stuff) it's bad ass, with the roof down and doors off and mud on the sides it's definitely a chick magnet :D, and it can drive in all the worst conditions. Plus you'll go on adventures you've never dreamed of with a car. Also my best friend only happened cause he has a jeep, so a great community of people. It's the easiest vehicle to customize and make "your own". Come on the list goes on and on

·
Registered
581 Posts
#1 It's more economical to drive than my Dodge Ram.
#2 I can repair it myself.
#3 Sometimes I have to park at the traffic light box in an intersection, and the Wrangler can fit almost anywhere.
#4 They hold their value.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why a Wrangler?

Chuck Norris drives a Wrangler!
1. I would have to say because of the fact that Chuck Norris drives one!:rofl:

2. It's a Jeep thing. You wouldn't understand! :crazy:

3. Jeeps are unstopable! :deadhorse:

4. The official Jeep wave is a good reason to not keep your hands in the
vehicle at all times! :wavey:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Convertible/no doors
Mini pickup bed
Jeep Wave/Comraderey
The looks of envy of everyone around you.

The fact that Chuck Norris drives one is a bonus point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts