Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Thats bogus, I have had 35's balanced numerous times. I'm currently running 35's on 17's and didn't have any issues getting it done. Is there a 4x4 shop nearby that could maybe do it?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Thats bogus, I have had 35's balanced numerous times. I'm currently running 35's on 17's and didn't have any issues getting it done. Is there a 4x4 shop nearby that could maybe do it?
He has 35x12.5R15 (35s on 15x8s). The greater sidewall causes balancing issues a lot of times. 35s on 17s don't have this issue.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
He has 35x12.5R15 (35s on 15x8s). The greater sidewall causes balancing issues a lot of times. 35s on 17s don't have this issue.
That I understand, I had a TJ with 35's on 15's with no issues getting them balanced.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No s**t

The manager "lol" came out and talked with me.
Prob thought I was gonna go in shooting rofl,

I told hime it's BS these will ruin your balancer. He admitted it wasn't the balance-it was mounting. They somehow ruined the tires,

Good thing cause obviously another crap hole that can't use a expensive machine,

Recommended sand bags :rolleyes:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Man where are you taking these to get them balanced?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Seriously?!? What about finding a ford dealer? The raptor has 35x12.5s stock. Might be worth a shot...

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
This was Firestone. I looked up road force

I've gone to this other small shop but the owner has this thing against mud tires.
Thing as in can't balance them? :rofl: :angel:

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
my husband will only do Firestone/road force for his coupe wheels/tires.. BUT he'll only go to one shop. Maybe try another FIrestone? Did you try posting on your local forum? That's how he found the shop that could do it right.
Sorry KJeep....tires shouldn't be this difficult.....at least the first shop warned you BEFORE they did damage.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JeepHerz said:
my husband will only do Firestone/road force for his coupe wheels/tires.. BUT he'll only go to one shop. Maybe try another FIrestone? Did you try posting on your local forum? That's how he found the shop that could do it right.
Sorry KJeep....tires shouldn't be this difficult.....at least the first shop warned you BEFORE they did damage.
There's a truck shop close to my work.
You watch ... They will tell me my tires are too small :D
Apparently they use that equal crap. I've tried the beads with no luck so...

Anyways. Why these people have to be such ******.

I was even nice (at first :firedevil: and said just do your best. If a tire is bad use the spare -its new. I was going to tip the guy.

Then I walked outside to see three dudes looking at the ground. "Here we go" I said to myself.

"We can't do these in out machine" :facepalm:

"Trust me, we want your business" ..., bla bla bla

Sad day

·
Registered
823 Posts
That's BS. I've seen the tire shop near me road force balance 37s so I'm pretty sure your 35s can be done. Good luck! :thumb:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I know that feeling when you see them just standing there "thinking". You know they are gonna say something like that.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
I have had so many shops tell me they can't get 33s balanced and I just stare at them and say, well I guess I'm not ordering tires from you anymore... lol.

Airsoft BBs could definitely be a good option for you, of course you have to get them in there lol.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Might be a dumb idea, but how about calling a local Jeep shop and see who they recommend? They're slapping 35s or bigger on Jeeps all day long.....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts