Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
We dont promote that kind of Jeep abuse on here. That being said I guess fuel mileage, cash, or retaining 100% factory warranty.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Check with your local dealer, I have a local shop here that builds for several area dealers so they will provide full warranty if his shop does the work.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Check with your local dealer, I have a local shop here that builds for several area dealers so they will provide full warranty if his shop does the work.
Just bought a brand new 2012 Rubi today. Already lifted with 35's. No warranty on the suspension from Chrysler but I get a life time warranty from the builder that does the lifts for this dealer.

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
I am not going to do extreme off roading or rock crawling in my 2012 Jeep so I did not lift it. Even putting the 33"s on it degraded the way it drives on road but I did it for looks.

I am not afraid to lift a Jeep but I will not lift it more than it needs to be for what I want it to do. Here is my 1978 CJ-7 with a "mild" lift.

If you want to lift your Jeep and put 35"+ tires on it just for looks then go for it. It is your Jeep.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
"What are your reasons not to lift your Jeep? "

1) don't need it lifted for my use
2) have short legs, don't want to climb up/down every time
3) haven't seen any tangible benefit for my own use as DD
4) still paying off the Jeep loan

The seat of my 2500 Ram pick up is 7" higher than my JK and requires climbing up 2 steps. If I want to sit higher I can drive it. As a geezer with certain gravitational issues to overcome, it's not always easy to do such. My "low rider" JK is just a nice step into the driver seat.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
No need. Not everyone goes rock crawling and needs the extra clearance.

Why sacrifice handling, gas mileage, money and warranty unless there's a compelling benefit.
^This....

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I lack the available cash and my dog is getting old enough that he has problems getting into my F350. The stock Jeep height is still good for him.

It will get a lift, but on an open schedule.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The whole warranty thing is wrong. My dealer will warranty any jeep that has warranty left on it regardless of what you have done to it. As long as there is not clear evidence that what you did cause the problem. He said in the last 5 year he declined to cover under warranty 3 jeeps that had 4-5 inch lifts and had broken drive shafts out of the hundreds of lifted jeep he has serviced. So if you guys are running into this problem you need to find an honest dealer because if there denying warranty claims they are crooked.

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
I love my lift. Id go higher if it would fit in the garage.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts