Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
driver side water under floor mat ,2012 jk

Anyone know why a new 2012 jk would have a puddle of water under floor mat, when it rains... ? strange right:banghead: cant figure it out

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
What's really sad is this is a common, well documented leak in the TJ's and LJ's, and somehow it's carried over to the JK's. I had a similar leak in my 2004 LJ. Once I cleaned out the cowl drain, it stopped. But, a lot of guys had to seal up a firewall penetration very similar to this one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Awww jeeez. Now you're gonna make me go n look :p

I lemon-lawed a '97 - 7 tries for the dealer to fix the leak and they couldn't. Leaked from the cowl/air intake area. Used to flood the passenger floor.

Apparently fixed the problem - the '99 I replaced it with never leaked.

I put deep-well mats in to catch water when it happened. Got 'em in my 12 too... no sign of water. Never checked under though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Dealer did the TSB fix on my pass side door seal which meant they hacked out a rectangle in the bottom of my door seal to allow water to drain out, not happy with the hack job. Did not fix the leak so I made them replace my door seal and now it leaks worse. Somebody has to know what I have to do to stop this water from coming in and soaking the floorboard. Door was wet near the top front inside painted area which is new , it used to just seap under the bottom door seal. My plug is not leaking under the dash.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Maybe Chrysler should move production to China....I bet quality would actually improve.
:hide:

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
The best fix, and to avoid the dealer screwing our vehicles up just a little bit more, you should find out where that area is (meets) on the OUTSIDE of the Jeep, and silicone it from the outside. If you do it from the inside, you would still have water trapped in between the sheetmetal. Would love to have a fix for this from the outside to seal the Jeep up.
Good call on that, and then you wind up with rust issues! :facepalm:

Crazy video and makes me wonder if I'm getting a soggy passenger-side carpet. I haven't noticed anything but now I'm paranoid. :hide:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Any word on how this fix has lasted? Kind of concerning how many jeep owners find they have a wet floor mat and reinstall/repair their freedom panels thinking that's the fix.

·
Premium Member
10,374 Posts
This thread is sticky worthy.... Admins?

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I have a 2010 and assumed it was the door seal issue as well.

Definitely plan on doing the water test and sealing that plug.

Now if I can just get my Trektop NX to stop leaking too...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Its been dry ever since....

Good to hear! I just purchased a 2010 Wrangler Sport Mountain and that will be the first place I'll look if its leaking. I have spoken with the previous owner and he mentioned he had no issues with the roof leaking.

Has anyone else done this test and found if that's where there's is leaking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to hear! I just purchased a 2010 Wrangler Sport Mountain and that will be the first place I'll look if its leaking. I have spoken with the previous owner and he mentioned he had no issues with the roof leaking.

Has anyone else done this test and found if that's where there's is leaking?
Yes I did this test. My 2012 JKUR was leaking in this spot on the drivers side. It was a quick 15 min. max fix :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Today I happened to pull out the floormat on the passenger side and my carpet is soaked. And it hasn't rained here in Southern California nor have I washed it in 2 weeks. Wtf

41 - 60 of 143 Posts