Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to upgrade my headlights on my jeep. I have a 2013 JK, which runs the H 13 stock headlights. I am seeing a lot of talk about upgrading to the H4 headlights, and was wondering what the difference was. Was wondering if it is worth having to buy the extra wiring harness and the extra pieces for it.

Thanks
Brian Rose
Coeburn, VA

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
The H13 lamp is less efficient and the design of the factory H13 housing is poor. So you get the benefit of a better reflector and better lamps.

I've had the Hella conversion for 1.5 years and it is noticeably better than stock. You can also increase the wattage on the H4's much easier... So the standard wattage is 65/55 and you can use the Osram 70/65, etc. The Hella housing comes with a set of standard H4 lamps.

I've been using the Philips X-Treme Power +80 but now there is a +100 and I hear there is a +130 too. They reach out farther than the standard lamps.

Hella - 7" Round High/Low Beam Headlamp ECE | 4WheelParts.com
Truck-Lite - H4 to H13 Headlight Adapter - Fits 2007 to 2016 Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited - 4WheelParts.com
<b>Osram Rallye 70/65w +50 H4 bulb</b> 64205
Philips x Treme Power 80 H4 9003 Halogen Bulbs for Honda Made in Germany | eBay

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen a lot of people talk about the Sylvania H4s. Anyone have any info about them?

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
I went with a set of Cibie H4's that I picked up on Amazon for about 90.00 running 55w low and 80w high beams. Also build a heavy duty relay wire harness for them. Night and day difference from the stocks. Not sure what longevity of the lamps will be as I have heard that it is shorter running full voltage.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am running Bosch housings (about $45 a pair on eBay) with a cheap Chinese relay and an h13-h4 adapter. Started with 55-100 bulbs and now running 90-130 bulbs. Ran it in my TJ for about three years, pulled it when I sold it and installed it in my JK last spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts