Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Of course it will fit.

·
Registered
991 Posts
nice bumper! i want one too! does anyone know if you get this and a winch, will you need coil spacers or heavier duty springs to keep the front level with the extra weight

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
nice bumper! i want one too! does anyone know if you get this and a winch, will you need coil spacers or heavier duty springs to keep the front level with the extra weight
Yes you will. I just added 155lbs with new bumper/skid and got a 3/4" sag. Nothing more until I get new coils.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I have it on my 2010. A lot of these on E-bay have been slow updating there description section.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes you will. I just added 155lbs with new bumper/skid and got a 3/4" sag. Nothing more until I get new coils.
thanks - maybe i will work on the suspension and a small 2 to 2.5 lift first.

the bumper and winch weighs 155lbs???
shockworks has a similiar bumper total weight about 82lbs - less winch,
probably the same with a winch..

maybe I will add a stubby kit for now, that stock bumper just gets in the way

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
The Stubby XHD without hoop and winch weighs right at 80lbs. At least that was my shipping weight when I got mine. My winch was 90lbs so the winch was 10lbs more then the bumper

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

When i added mine with the winch and hoop, my front sank 3/4" also. I had stock 14 coil springs. Just adding the stiffer 19 coils I got the 3/4" back plus 1 1/4" on top of it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
When i added mine with the winch and hoop, my front sank 3/4" also. I had stock 14 coil springs. Just adding the stiffer 19 coils I got the 3/4" back plus 1 1/4" on top of it.
where can i find coil# ?? on my springs

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
roxbury29 said:
where can i find coil# ?? on my springs
There's a tag on them. Just read the number. It's the last two numbers (not letters) you care about, 16, 18, etc.

·
Registered
991 Posts
There's a tag on them. Just read the number. It's the last two numbers (not letters) you care about, 16, 18, etc.
hi thanks. I have 17 in the front and 59 in the back
they might have gave me the rear stiffer springs for the freedom top

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
hi thanks. I have 17 in the front and 59 in the back
they might have gave me the rear stiffer springs for the freedom top
With 17's already up front (19 being the stiffest) you probably will not see any sag even with a winch and at most maybe 1/4"

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
rics1997 said:
With 17's already up front (19 being the stiffest) you probably will not see any sag even with a winch and at most maybe 1/4"
What do those numbers represent ? 17 19.... lbs of force to compress per some unit?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
On the other hand, keep in mind that 16 is the softest spring available, so he's actually closer to the "softest" than he is to the "stiffest." That's not to say I have any idea whether he'll sag or not--I'm curious to see the results either way.

What do those numbers represent ? 17 19.... lbs of force to compress per some unit?
No clue. I do know that the numbers are actually part of the overall part number, so it may just be how Chrysler organizes their parts.

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
On the other hand, keep in mind that 16 is the softest spring available, so he's actually closer to the "softest" than he is to the "stiffest." That's not to say I have any idea whether he'll sag or not--I'm curious to see the results either way.
I have a 13 and a 14 on front. 13/driver, 14/passenger. 16 is definitely not the softest.

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
the bumper and winch weighs 155lbs???
Bumper and skid plate = 155lbs. Add another 80-90 lbs for winch and a hoop and she would stand on her nose. I'll have to upgrade the suspension first.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
13 is actually the weakest up front and 54 on back. Not sure the number represent any actual strength. All I know is the fronts run from 13 to 19 with the weakest being 13 and the rears run from 54 to 60 with 54 being the weakest.

I had 13/14 up front and went to 19's and 56's on rear and went to 60's

·
Registered
991 Posts
Thanks everyone.. i will likely wait to see if I get a lift first, from Mopar. I dont want to change a bumper, and have to work backward to fix what might happen...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts