Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Wrangler Unlimited
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of any good trail rides anywhere in the Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Iowa regions? We live in western Wisconsin so looking for somewhere we can travel to and from in a long weekend.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Have you tried looking here?

You can also search for local Jeep/4x4 groups on Social media

Good luck!! I’m in the same boat in north MS. Most “trails” are a good 3 hours or so from me

Most of what’s local just looks like mud pits and lake bottoms. I am not a fan of mud. That’s his things get broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Wrangler Unlimited
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not seen that website. I will check it out. Thank you!

·
Registered
454 Posts
The CNNF is your best bet. Download the Avenza Maps app from the Google Store. Go on Facebook (I deleted my account, so cannot help you) and look up Wisconsin Jeep Owners Group.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
The CNNF is your best bet. Download the Avenza Maps app from the Google Store. Go on Facebook (I deleted my account, so cannot help you) and look up Wisconsin Jeep Owners Group.
I second that CNNF is probably the best bet.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Wisconsin is great if you have a horse or love to hike and get in touch with nature. I live here, it sucks. There are fire roads in the forest and a few trails but I wouldn't waste my money here as there have been many attempts to get better wheeling here but no go. Lots of good folks in these clubs, just cant get anywhere with all the tree huggers in the state. I have a trailer and go out of state to wheel. Michigan (Drummond Island, Norway area. I see you said Minnesota, look up Mesabi Trail and Gilbert MN for wheeling ATV & OHV Trails to Ride on The Iron Range | Off Highway Riding | ATV Trails | Northern Minnesota There is one event in the summer near you in New Auburn. Great private place with awesome owners. Its called the Great Northern Trail Ride. GNTR – Great Northern Trail Ride – WC4WD – Wisconsin Coalition of Four Wheel Drives There is also a group in Minnesota called RPM but you have to be a MN4WD member. You can google them if interested. They also host an event at Apple Valley but I hear that has lots of people. Here is another group that has a park in Dresser. HOME | Minnesota Go-4 Wheelers, Inc. You can search many of these on Facebook. the Wisconsin Jeep Owners Group is an open group with no dues and great people., They have events on public and private land thru out the year. Check them on Facebook. YOu can PM me if you want other details. Happy Jeeping.

Reactions: Mudman1

·
Registered
2017 Wrangler Unlimited
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wisconsin is great if you have a horse or love to hike and get in touch with nature. I live here, it sucks. There are fire roads in the forest and a few trails but I wouldn't waste my money here as there have been many attempts to get better wheeling here but no go. Lots of good folks in these clubs, just cant get anywhere with all the tree huggers in the state. I have a trailer and go out of state to wheel. Michigan (Drummond Island, Norway area. I see you said Minnesota, look up Mesabi Trail and Gilbert MN for wheeling ATV & OHV Trails to Ride on The Iron Range | Off Highway Riding | ATV Trails | Northern Minnesota There is one event in the summer near you in New Auburn. Great private place with awesome owners. Its called the Great Northern Trail Ride. GNTR – Great Northern Trail Ride – WC4WD – Wisconsin Coalition of Four Wheel Drives There is also a group in Minnesota called RPM but you have to be a MN4WD member. You can google them if interested. They also host an event at Apple Valley but I hear that has lots of people. Here is another group that has a park in Dresser. HOME | Minnesota Go-4 Wheelers, Inc. You can search many of these on Facebook. the Wisconsin Jeep Owners Group is an open group with no dues and great people., They have events on public and private land thru out the year. Check them on Facebook. YOu can PM me if you want other details. Happy Jeeping.

Great info! Thanks! Yeah I grew up in northwestern Wisconsin so up there I usually hit the fire lanes and logging roads. It beats being stuck on the pavement but not overly exciting. I live in the Hudson area now. Unless I'm going to drive in the ditch there isn't many options. Mall crawler... :(

·
Registered
577 Posts

I go to Gilbert fairly regularly and hit Spider Lake in the winter

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Apple Valley is busy but its not too bad. Where you camp it seems like the Trails would be a traffic jam but overall its a good time and can be worth checking out. They just had their winter even, which I have not gone to, and they only have 2 different summer events so it is something you have to plan for more or less but the trails they have are pretty fun. Otherwise I think most of the other stuff in the area has been suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts