Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Wideband O2 Sensor Location

955 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gobi_rubi 
#1 ·
How important is the location of the O2 sensor? Many sources say as close to the collector as possible. But if I were to take my Jeep to a dyno for tuning, they'd just insert their sensor in the tailpipe, and they'd tune off that. I'm thinking about installing as close to the engine as I can and that is still not a PIA to install, so maybe 2-3 feet down the engine. Does that seem fine?

#2 ·
If your tuner is using HP Tuners than they wont have to use a tailpipe O2 sensor if you get the correct AEM O2 sensor. There is one that has pass through obd plug so the tuner can log O2 data through that. As close to the collector is correct but in my turbo setup, it is post turbo and even though it could be closer to the collector it is giving accurate data. Id say get it as close to the collector as you can, without being a PIA to access or cause concerns with it breaking off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.