Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoooon,

My 08 JK has been making a weird sound lately. To me, it sounds like it comes from the rear of the jeep and its a knocking sound. Sooo heres my issue:

It wont make the sound when coasting, or when in neutral.

Since the sound iv:
Changed oil
Changed rear diff oil
took rear driver side wheel off thinking maybe a wheel bearing but didn't seem like it was bad imo (Where i think sound is closest too)

I tried to record the sound as best as a I could, you can hear it best in the very beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6InNtVehFiQ

Thanks -

·
Registered
367 Posts
Afternoooon,

My 08 JK has been making a weird sound lately. To me, it sounds like it comes from the rear of the jeep and its a knocking sound. Sooo heres my issue:

Since the sound iv:
Changed oil
Changed rear diff oil
took rear driver side wheel off thinking maybe a wheel bearing but didn't seem like it was bad imo (Where i think sound is closest too)

I tried to record the sound as best as a I could, you can hear it best in the very beginning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6InNtVehFiQ

Thanks -
Check your exhaust make sure it's not knocking the tub or anything. Also check your control arms make sure the joints haven't failed or need replacement.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Afternoooon,

Since the sound iv:
Changed oil
Changed rear diff oil

Thanks -
when exactly is it making the sound. is it continuous while driving? only on left turns? right turns? straight? anytime you accelerate whether straight or while turning?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts