Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on rear adjustable CAs and now the steering wheel is off by about 10 degrees....

So i put on Metal Cloak upper double adj CAs to get my pinion correct and of course never even had the front end off the ground... of course I did make sure not only my pinion angle is correct but also the length of each of the CAs was the same within 1/16 in...

Could this have any bearing on the front .... i wouldn't think so......

I am guessing it is just a coincidence. .. i will adjust the steering whell this week....

Any comments please...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm just spitballing here...

But if the rear CA's aren't adjusted so the rear axle is lined up straight with the vehicle, it would cause the vehicle to "crab" or "dogleg" down the road sort of sideways, and you'd have to steer to correct it and make it go down the road straight.

Does wonders for tire wear if it's off...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not crabbing and the CAs are within 1/16" as mentioned... i do not have to correct with steering as 8th tracks nice and straight.... it is only the steering wheel is off center like when I did the lift but not as much....

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
10 degrees off in the steering wheel is extremely minor. It could be caused by simply loosening and re tightening the control arms or front track bar. I'd just readjust the drag link collar to center the steering wheel and call it a day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10 degrees off in the steering wheel is extremely minor. It could be caused by simply loosening and re tightening the control arms or front track bar. I'd just readjust the drag link collar to center the steering wheel and call it a day.
That's what I am planning... just wanted to make sure it wasn't something....

Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts