Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, how many of you out there has had problems with your wife complaining about how much money you spend on the jeep? I swear sometimes I think I'm married to my mother telling me what I can and can't do!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I was married to one complainer and engaged to another. I still have the jeep, the other two hit the road.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Russ what part of Louisiana are you from? And yeah I'm definitely keeping the jeep too! I don't care how much she yaps her mouth, it's here to stay!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
mine says better the Jeep than another woman.. plus, try to get her involved with the Jeep. Take her with you, let her drive it from time to time, maybe she will come to like it almost as much as you do..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boat she's not interested. Already tried all of the above. More interested in quiet comfortable rides. My jeep has 35x12.5x20 mud grapplers and it hums as loud as a bee and rough as a mule!!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Could have worse habits like gambling or drugs. How many shoes does she have?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Could have worse habits like gambling or drugs. How many shoes does she have?
LOL, Good Point!!!! Ive been through two and am on my third, trust me, wives are overrated. The jeep doesnt cook, but it doesnt complain either!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
snotpuller said:
Hey Russ what part of Louisiana are you from? And yeah I'm definitely keeping the jeep too! I don't care how much she yaps her mouth, it's here to stay!
Prairieville, just outside of baton rouge. You?

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
My wife is always mad that I spend money on the Mistress and Pendleton. I don't understand the problem!!!!! Its not like we go out drinking together!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think I have just changed my Jeep's name to "The Mistress". I seem to spend all my money on her without the wife knowing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Russ originally from Houma but live in tn now. Thanks guys I'm so glad we all have the same outlook! Jeeps rule!!!!

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
I got a "it's me or the jeep!" From my last gf, well I still have the jeep and an easier life haha

·
Registered
579 Posts
This is no kidding. I spent over two years restoring a 79 Golden Eagle CJ5, and right after I almost finished it, the lady asked for a divorce !!! I heard she was tired of me spending too much on the "toys", although she had everything she wanted I though. I ended up selling the CJ ( literally cried ) and throwing all the money on the settlement, on which I ended up giving everything away to them and ending with a debt. Now, I took that word "M" from my life, from my Dicctionary, and got me a big gun that will be used if anyone mentions the word "M" to me !!!!!!!

By the way, my new girlfriend says "Yes" to everything I say, and the Jeep, she Loves !!! I told her she`s got a place in my life, in the passenger seat, either she jumps in, or she`s left behind !!!

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
My wife used to get on me for what I spent on my Jeep until I reminded her that I spend less per month than her car payment was. She gave up trying to get me to trade it in on a family car years ago.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ive got an addiction to modding my Lightning, Jeep and guns...... My wife loves all 3 and even goes shooting with me.

Guess you guys just pick the shitty ones!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
snotpuller said:
Russ originally from Houma but live in tn now. Thanks guys I'm so glad we all have the same outlook! Jeeps rule!!!!
Been down there a couple of times, you feel like you are driving off of the edge of the earth the boom there's houma.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ive got an addiction to modding my Lightning, Jeep and guns...... My wife loves all 3 and even goes shooting with me.

Guess you guys just pick the shitty ones!

Hey, I learned a bit too late... you are right. A good friend was going to introduce me to a good lady, and i told him I would go on a date with her if she would go on my bike to dinner, and he told her, and she politely said "No", so it worked, my bike saved me from that one, and saved her from me, so thats the trick, next time, take a new girlfriend Jeeping and get her really dirty and muddy, if she sincerely smiles, she`s the one !!!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts