Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left the key in my jacket and wife washed it for about 30mins.. i was surprised that water did not mess with the electronics and when I opened it no water inside and its still working fine..

a Plus for the jeep keys, they are water proof

·
Registered
820 Posts
2 things:

a.) You should change the thread title to "I left the key in my pocket and it went through the washing machine" rather than "wife put the key in the washing machine". The title implies that she made the mistake... :)

b.) I did the same thing last week.... no issues :thumb:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, wife to be blamed because I told her to check my jacket before washing it (money, keys and other stuff in there) so Yes I Blane her for this :$ great that she is driving a VW and she will never see this post

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
We have a saying in the engineering business...... "you can make things idiot resistant, but you cannot make them idiot proof, because the power of idiots in groups is TOO strong"...

Although I did not design your key/fob, I am an acquaintance of someone who helped on that design.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good thinking, always blame the wife........or someone!

My wife let me get drunk at a party two weeks ago, can't take her anywhere!

·
Registered
194 Posts
We have a saying in the engineering business...... "you can make things idiot resistant, but you cannot make them idiot proof, because the power of idiots in groups is TOO strong"...

Although I did not design your key/fob, I am an acquaintance of someone who helped on that design.

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
My keys for my old truck got washed a bunch of times. The worst part is that it would trigger the panic function, and the horn would start honking until I found the fob and took out the battery. The cops got called once because it was honking in the driveway late at night. My wife never checks anything, so I try to make sure I take my keys out right quick before they end up in the wash. Good thing we have plastic money in Canada, cause my wallet gets washed on a regular basis too.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Did this with my Charger key fob, pulled it apart, took the button contacts out, battery out and left it to dry overnight, worked fine as well. As long as there are no moving parts and no buttons are pushed low voltage electronics are fairly durable when it comes to getting them wet.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I keep telling my wife to check my pants pockets ... while they are on me.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Washed lots of keys, never had a problem. My wife's cell phone came up missing about 2 years ago. I called her number and heard her phone ringing, IN THE DRYER. She had left her phone in her pants and it survived a wash and dry cycle. Those Casio G-Zone phones are tough. It is still working and has been passed down to our son-in-law.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts