Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just last night took delivery of my wife's 2012 Unlimited and been driving it all day. Very nice ride and good power out of new engine. I was expecting a little more compared to my 09 with the 3.8 but to be honest I'm glad it wasn't a hot rod. I didn't want to get the upgrade fever with my Jeep. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm comparing a 2 door with the Unlimited but I'm happy with the purchase. My oldest daughter needs a car so we donated the 06 Liberty to her and I talked my wife out of the Camaro Mustang Soccer Mom delima and negociated the new Wrangler. She is very happy with it and I remain a Jeep Only owner. I even told my daughter that the Liberty is only on loan, I want to put a lift on and keep it for myself.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What color blue is that? I like it. :thumb:

What if your wife gets the upgrade fever? Six-inch lift, towering Prius-eating tires, half-ton demolition bumpers and a supercharger by Summer?

It could happen.

Welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cosmos Blue and I hope she gets upgrade fever! She already has a little bug, I have been given the go ahead to get nerf bars. She wouldn't let me touch the Liberty but my daughter is all for it.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
lol...once she starts getting used to the Wrangler quirks...

It'll start small. Maybe she'll want grab handles (if the dealer didn't hook you up w/them). As soon as summer comes, you should take the top and doors off, go for a little spin.

Then, BAM!

Start leaving the Quadratec catalog on the kitchen counter, the coffee table, middle of the hall floor when you know she's just about to get home. :D

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Oh yeah...... I can tell you all about it :whistling:

Congrats on the new one...

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Welcome to the family..

Yep! My kids call my Jeep the "Money PIT" :whistling:

So "Be Prepared" :rofl:

:popcorn:

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
lol...once she starts getting used to the Wrangler quirks...

It'll start small. Maybe she'll want grab handles (if the dealer didn't hook you up w/them). As soon as summer comes, you should take the top and doors off, go for a little spin.

Then, BAM!

Start leaving the Quadratec catalog on the kitchen counter, the coffee table, middle of the hall floor when you know she's just about to get home. :D
WELCOME!

That's no joke. My wife is already shopping for mods for MINE.

I can hardly wait to get her the Liberty she wants so she can do her own vehicle up.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
WELCOME!

That's no joke. My wife is already shopping for mods for MINE.

I can hardly wait to get her the Liberty she wants so she can do her own vehicle up.
I had an '03 Liberty Renegade that I just traded in on my Wrangler. Eight years, well over 100K miles off-road and on...very reliable. Alternator crapped out once, and I had to have the lock cylinder replaced in my ignition after it locked up...other than that, routine maintenance.

And, really, I put that thing through Hell. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts