Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time Jeep owners. Bought my wife a 2015 Unlimited Rubicon in Baja Yellow for Christmas. She wanted a Jeep after being involved in an accident with a Jeep while she was driving her Ford Edge. The Jeep faired much better than her Edge. She wants all the "neat stuff" Jeeps have. We are collecting the parts to do some of that "neat stuff".

I've already installed the Mopar hood lock, Wild Boar grab handles and black grill mesh insert.

The next install project arrived today. Mopar 2" lift. Already received my 1.5" wheel spacers. Just waiting for the AEV geometry brackets and Grade 8 hardware kit to arrive.

Also have a set of ACE Rock Sliders ordered, just waiting for them to ship.

Made a wish list of bumpers and lights we wanted and contacted Northridge4x4 and got a killer deal on our next set of goodies.
Warn Elite front bumper
Warn Elite rear bumper
Warn Elite Tire Carrier
Warn Zeon 8 winch
JW Speaker J Series headlights
JW Speaker J Series fog lights

Figure we will use the factory Rubicon wheels for a while, just need to figure out what size tires to run.

I'll post pictures as the build progresses.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Congrats! Keep the pics coming...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats. Also pick up some mopar door sills, and rear seat recline/middle seat support from warpigoffroad.... private message forum member whiskeymike for a discount.

Enjoy your new jeep.
Thanks! Forgot about having installed the Mopar door sills already. I will definitely do the rear seat mod too, thanks for the info on who to contact.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Keep the pics coming...
Thanks! I'll try to document the build as best I can with pictures. I've really gained a lot already looking at the other builds and the tech section of this forum.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@The Q ... those rear seat mods are priced right and add a lot of comfort. Everyone always hated sitting in the rear especially the middle until I picked the mods.
Funny, we made a 900 mile round trip during the Christmas break. The wife rode in the back seat both ways with her beagle because he dos the travel well. She commented that she really liked the angle and comfort of the back seat. Guess it could be that the Rubicon has leather seats. Still figure on picking up both items.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: 12/11/16 - Installed the Mopar 77070088 2" lift, AEV GEO brackets and Spydrex 1.5" wheel spacers over the weekend. Contrary to the Mopar instructions, I started on the rear first so that the sway bar links would be ready for the front install. Took about 8 hours working by myself except for having the wife plug the lower control arm bolts in on the front end as I pushed the axle forward. Over all, a fairly straight forward install. Took some pictures along he way, but really didn't "document" the install process.

Before

Rear spring comparison

Front Spring comparison

Front assembly

After

Warn Elite Bumpers and winch arrive today. Hopefully I'll get them put on next weekend.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Big Brown Truck was in front of my house when I got home from work!!! Warn front and rear Elite bumpers and Zeon winch arrived!!!

Now just waiting on the Warn spare tire carrier and JW Speaker headlights and fog lights.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can't wait to see it with the bumpers and winch! I'm loving this build! And how hard was it to install the lift and geo brackets.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Came down with the flu bug this weekend, so no bumper install. I did however install some Drake look good goodies.

Drake shifters

Drake under hood hardware

Before

After

The whole thing

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Time for an update since I've been really bad about documenting this build.

Since my last post I've installed the Warn Elite front bumper and Warn Zeon winch. Installed a Warn Elite rear bumper and tire carrier. Added JWSpeaker headlights and fog lights. For wheels and tires, I went with 315/70r15 Goodtear Duratracs mounted on Rugged Ridge Drakon wheels.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Came down with the flu bug this weekend, so no bumper install. I did however install some Drake look good goodies. Drake shifters Drake under hood hardware Before After The whole thing
what is the purpose of the under the hood hardware? Pure decoration? Or does is add strength, anti rust, etc?

Are just simple bolts to be replaced or a PITA to deal with because of hidden nuts, etc? Torque specs?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what is the purpose of the under the hood hardware? Pure decoration? Or does is add strength, anti rust, etc?

Are just simple bolts to be replaced or a PITA to deal with because of hidden nuts, etc? Torque specs?
Mostly just a dress up item. Simple remove and replace. The bolts are stainless steel with machined aluminum washers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also received our ACE rock sliders today. Took all of about 1/2 hour to get them on. Got to give a big thanks to David @Northridge4x4 he cut me some really good deals on all my big parts. If you're shopping for stuff, give them a call!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Mostly just a dress up item. Simple remove and replace. The bolts are stainless steel with machined aluminum washers.
what is the torque spec? I will order those and save it for a rainy and slow weekend project

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 50 Posts