Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Installed a Drake fuel door and Drake hood latches. Really like the quality of Drake products. They may do nothing for off-road ability, but they do make the Jeep look good!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Added a few more items to the wife's Tonka over the past few weeks.

Installed a Rugged Ridge front skid plate. This thing fits nicely and protects the Rubicon electric sway bar motor.

Also installed a SmartSteer steering attenuator. It took some of the jerkiness out of driving a straight front axle vehicle.

Fixed the stressing of the emergency brake cables when stretching out one side or the other of the rear end by installing the Rugged Ridge extender block. Gota love Amazon prime!

Installed a set of PIAA LP550 LED Driving Lights on the windshield pillars. This is a nice complete kit, but one word of warning. Don't over tighten the 3/4" nut because the plastic mounts can't handle much. Good thing there are some really good epoxies on the market.

Got a Smittybilt skid plate set on order from Quadratec along with a Bimini Top Plus with, Clearview Windstopper & Tonno Cover. Looking to spend some time on the beach this summer!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Look really nice! You did a lot of mods in a short amount of time! That jeep bug sure hits hard does it not?
Thanks! Yeah, the Just Empty Every Pocket bug is just as bad as my Harley bug :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
:thumb:This escalated quickly, beautiful jeep, excellent build so far

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Time for another update. This won't add any off-road performance, but sure make a diffrence in the detail department.

Also installed all the parts for the back-up camera. Now all I need to do is get the dealer to flash it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Breaks look great! I've got red on my list to do this summer.
Thanks! I wanted to do red, but the wife wanted yellow brakes on HER Tonka. Happy wife = Happy life

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Overdue once again for an update.

Got all the wiring and camera install done for the backup camera. Sorry, I'll add pictures after I get the Navtool next week.

Finally popped the top and doors off the wife's Tonka this past weekend. I had purchased a Bimini top package deal from @Quadratec along with a Lange Hoist-A-Cart. Can't tell you how darn easy it is to pop the top and door with the Hoist-A-Cart.

Still awaiting the Smittybuilt skid plate package from Quadratec.

I ordered an sPod yesterday. I ordered directly from sPod because they offered a Veterans discount. Also ordered an ARB Compressor kit from @Northridge4x4 while it was still on sale.

More to follow!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts