Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Vendor
1,212 Posts
Overdue once again for an update.

Got all the wiring and camera install done for the backup camera. Sorry, I'll add pictures after I get the Navtool next week.

Finally popped the top and doors off the wife's Tonka this past weekend. I had purchased a Bimini top package deal from @Quadratec along with a Lange Hoist-A-Cart. Can't tell you how darn easy it is to pop the top and door with the Hoist-A-Cart.

Still awaiting the Smittybuilt skid plate package from Quadratec.

I ordered an sPod yesterday. I ordered directly from sPod because they offered a Veterans discount. Also ordered an ARB Compressor kit from @Northridge4x4 while it was still on sale.

More to follow!
Jeep is looking great! In the future we do offer Veteran/Military discounts as well.

-Tim

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Your rear sway bar link bolt orientations do not seem right...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Your rear sway bar link bolt orientations do not seem right...
The factory mounts the rear sway bar links on the outboard side. The Mopar lift has you mount them on the inboard side.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Update 5/8/16

Busy day in the garage after a small Mother's Day celebration with the wife and my mom.

Finished up the install of the Backup Camera with the Navtool 3.0. I mounted the camera next to the receiver hitch (forgot to shoot a picture of the mount) in the cut out of the Warn rear bumper.

Then I installed the SPOD and ARB Compressor. I really like the simplicity of the SPOD. The ARB Compressor is the kit from @Northridge4x4 It's a really nice kit and will do all I need it to do.

Got the switches labeled for future installs so all I have to do is hook the stuff up.

Next update will include Rock Hard 4x4 Skid plates, PIAA LED lights on the bumper and an ARB differential breather kit. I was going to go with the Smittybuilt skid plate kit, but after 2 months of backorder from another vendor, Tim @Northridge4x4 gave me a good deal on the Rock Hard skid plates.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are you sure this is your wife's Jeep? :)

I really like those switches!! And what is that black box (sPOD)?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Are you sure this is your wife's Jeep? :)

I really like those switches!! And what is that black box (sPOD)?
Lol, trust me, she reminds me all the time it's HER JEEP!!! She has the veto power for mods. I'm good with it as that's how it is with her Harley too.

That black box is what those switches hook up to. Basically you can wire up to six items to the SPOD box and control them with the switch panel. SPOD puts it like this:

"Today's JK Wranglers have complex CAN-BUS electrical systems that make it increasingly difficult to install electrical upgrades. sPOD and theSource from Precision Designs make it easy for the Jeep owner to add upgrades without damaging the power system or cutting into any factory installed wiring."

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lol, trust me, she reminds me all the time it's HER JEEP!!! She has the veto power for mods. I'm good with it as that's how it is with her Harley too.

That black box is what those switches hook up to. Basically you can wire up to six items to the SPOD box and control them with the switch panel. SPOD puts it like this:

"Today's JK Wranglers have complex CAN-BUS electrical systems that make it increasingly difficult to install electrical upgrades. sPOD and theSource from Precision Designs make it easy for the Jeep owner to add upgrades without damaging the power system or cutting into any factory installed wiring."
Thank you for letting me know about the sPOD, that looks really clean with that set up. This website is becoming increasingly more dangerous each and every time I visit.

And that is an awesome Jeep your wife has!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Skid Plates and Bumper Lights added!

Put the Rock Hard 4x4 Transfer Case and Evap Skid Plates on today. I have their Engine/Trans Skid Plate, but the box only had the skid plate in it. @Northridge4x4 got a hold of @Rock Hard 4x4 and they have shipped my missing hardware. Great customer service from both companies.

Comparison of the Rock Hard 4x4 Transferase skid plate and the factory skid plate

Also installed a set of 6" PIAA LED Driving lights on the Warn bumper. I really like having the sPOD, it makes it so easy to add accessories.

The wife is really enjoying all the stuff I've added to her Tonka! I know it seems like it's my Jeep, but it REALLY is her Jeep :)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts