Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So I have the "WF Most popular suspension" set up on the JKU for the last year. It has performed well both on and off road with no complaints. So the wife comes in one day from work and asked if we could lift the jeep higher.

I was thinking of 3 to 3.5" lift. What else would I need besides the new springs to make this happen.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I'm running a RK 3.5" X-Factor lift. My front drive shaft eventually started spewing grease so I replaced both front & rear DS. Does your lift have adjustable control arms? If not then you will want adjustable upper & lower control arms with a 3.5" lift.

I'm sure more experienced people will add to your thread. Good luck.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Probably an adjustable track bar as well as the higher lift will shift the axle even more

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxPlAaUR3y8

check out this link for lift kits. Hope this helps!
or go to youtube.com and do a search for rough country lift kits JK
Don't put this lift on your jeep. Mine has it, and I spent $700 for new springs and shocks less than 1.5 years after it was installed. Don't cheap out on your lift.

My jeep had this lift when I bought it. I did not install it. There is some truth to the adage "you get what you pay for" :)

don't want to turn this into a rough country bash.. but I'd personally do something different based on my experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey all. So I have the "WF Most popular suspension" set up on the JKU for the last year. It has performed well both on and off road with no complaints. So the wife comes in one day from work and asked if we could lift the jeep higher.

I was thinking of 3 to 3.5" lift. What else would I need besides the new springs to make this happen.

Thanks in advance.
I've got the Terraflex 3.5in. It rides nice on and off road. My only complaint is that I would like more articulation from it. Along with shocks and springs you'll want control arms, track bar, and probably rear spring wedges. Eventually I'm going to need to change my front driveshaft. You'll also want 35s if you've not already got them.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If you're happy with the ride and performance of your current suspension setup, you could just add a body lift. A 1 to 1.5 inch body lift would give you the height you want without affecting your current ride. Plus it would be easier and less expensive.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input guys, appreciate it. I might check out a body lift as well. I'll start looking at CA's and drive shafts and start pricing.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Besides the adjustable track bar and CA's, would I need a new draglink, and would I need a flipped DL?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Probably might flip it if you go high enough. I have the dreaded dropped pitman arm which accomplishes the same thing, but is hard on the steering box. I'll flip it eventually and go back to the stock arm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts