Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon I'm buying a 93 w/4.0 and AX-15. Its got a 4" Skyjacker lift and 33x12.5s
They didn't install a SYE. I already have to swap the engine from my XJ, and I was going to replace the clutch while I'm in there. I'm wondering if a 1" motor mount lift and 1" body lift will help with vibration until I can afford the 8.8 and SYE? The motor in it blew the cam out of it when they hydro locked it. Its because of this I am able to get a decent price on it. My XJs a basket case due to the rot it has. PA salt and brine was very mean to her. This is my first Wrangler! PS.... The engine donor is a 96... is there anything I need to know about going from OBDI to ODBII? Thanks a bunch!:iamhappy:

·
Super Moderator
12,705 Posts
Can't tell you about OBD1 vs OBD2, but my first thought is to keep it simple and use the OBD from the Wrangler if you can make it work with the '96 engine. Sure would eliminate a bunch of brain damage if the '93 components will work on the '96 engine.

If I was in your situation, I would use the stock motor mounts and consider the Wrangler a "project" until I could afford the SYE and the 8.8 plus the driveshaft. Once you get the engine installed and running properly you will be motivated to find the money for the SYE, driveshaft and the 8.8. Hopefully you have other transportation.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sound Advice.....

I will take it. I plan on not starting any phase of the project until every part is present. That includes the matching gears and one piece shaft for the D30. I can put up with the vibes until then. I agree, those vibes will be my motivation to save my pennies. BTW.. my change jar is labeled Jeep Parts, and has lots of bills to go along with the change. Just Empty Every Pocket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts