Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to be sure before buying a used set of 10a wheels and tires...

Will 10a Rubicon wheels and KM2 tires (265/70/17) fit on a stock suspension 2014 Sahara Unlimited without rubbing?

And if I were to swap to Duratrac's in the same size would I still be good to go?

Any need to change settings in the computer going from 18's and Duellers to the Rubi take-offs?

Thanks guys - I'm a JK rookie.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
answered my own question

So some late night research yields that yes indeed they would fit since the dimensions would be the same. Approximate diameter and width would match between 18" wheels on 255/75/18 tires and 17" wheels on 265/70/17 tires. (Rookie mistake)

OK so new question... can I put a 33" diameter tire on stock 10a Rubi wheel without it rubbing on my Sahara? I'm looking at Duratracs that are 285/70/17 and measure 32.8" in diameter and 11.5" wide. (Stock Saharas are 32.1 x 10.2)

I understand that back spacing on the Rubi wheels could play a role. They're approx. 6.0"-6.25" if I've read the forums correctly. I don't want to use spacers BTW... so will 33's fit without any modifications? Air dam or otherwise?

Thanks... Trying to learn fast.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Possibly have to trim the air dam or take it off all together (thing looks terrible anyways) but they will fit. There is a sticky thread in the wheels and tires section that is called like largest tire on stock jk wheel, that will tell you everything you need to know about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts