Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting 35 inch tires and either a 2.5 or 3in lift sometime in the future, and was wondering if my rims would work with 35s. I have the dragon edition (I had the dragons removed from the outside, looks A LOT better) which already has black rims. I just want to know if I would be ok with the stock rims and 35s or would I have less problems if I get after market rims and 35s.

·
Registered
276 Posts
On a 7" wide wheel?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Yes you can run 35x12.5-18 on the stock 7.5" Sahara wheels but you will require 1.5" wheel spacers to avoid interference. It's a fairly common combination on Saharas.

I hope you didn't remove the dragons because of the nay sayers. It's your Jeep!

·
Registered
919 Posts
It will physically fit with the wheel spacers; however, the stock wheel is narrower than the design specification of the tire. This creates a less stable tire during cornering (read more sidewall roll) and can ultimately result in breaking the bead. There are several Jeepers who have done it, but between the need for wheel spacers (which I am not a fan of) and the wheel being narrower than recommended for the tire, I would spend the money to get a set of 17" wheels in the proper width with the proper backspacing. Between the money saved in not needing spacers and the reduced cost of tires for 17" wheels as opposed to 18" wheels, you will have the wheels paid for by your next set of new tires.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah, I did it with my 2012 Sahara. The spacers are definitely needed. I went with the teraflex. Here is a pic of mine.
Are those 325/65R18's? I figured at 13" they were way too wide for the stock tires. What are your actual measurements, and how's the wear?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you can run 35x12.5-18 on the stock 7.5" Sahara wheels but you will require 1.5" wheel spacers to avoid interference. It's a fairly common combination on Saharas.

I hope you didn't remove the dragons because of the nay sayers. It's your Jeep!
Nah, I had them removed before I bought it. I never liked the dragon stickers. I do like the color of it though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah, I did it with my 2012 Sahara. The spacers are definitely needed. I went with the teraflex. Here is a pic of mine.
Like the stock wheel w 35.
I would have powder black

·
Registered
661 Posts
You will be much cheaper off to get aftermarket wheels and 35s and sell your Sahara takeoffs. 35x18 tires are expensive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are those 325/65R18's? I figured at 13" they were way too wide for the stock tires. What are your actual measurements, and how's the wear?
They are 325/65R18s. Here are some pics that I hope help. Right now they are wearing just fine but I've only had them for about 500 miles. The tape measurer is from center wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's looks sick. Unfortunately, it's 1.5" over the recommended rim width, which is a little sketchy IMO.

Another option in the 35" range is the 285/75R18. Toyo offers the A/TII and M/T in this size.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts