Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what you are thinking. I am not going to run a stock TJ with 35s.

I just need to swap my 35s for my neighbor's stock tj wheels so I can pass state safety test. I haven't asked him yet but thought I would see if it was even possible first. The a$$hats at JiffyLube wouldn't pass me for sticking out an inch or two.

Will they fit? If so I will be sure to take some pictures.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Will fit with major body modifications of a sawzall.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Just find completely stock rims AND tires. Why use 35s ?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
From what I understand you can shove a 33s on with no mods, but can't speak for 35s. If you just need them for an afertnoon you might as well offer him a 12 pack of the finest & stick the jeep on jack stands till your done. That or pick up a cheap set of steelies for next round.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I run 32's on my stock suspension and it fills the wheel well quite a bit but surprisingly doesn't rub! I think the spacers though help out cause they kick the tire out an inch and a half

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Make ya some fender extenders outta duct tape! I'm sure someone in Arkansas has done it before.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's why I keep a set of stock wheels with tiny tires haha, I'm with the guys saying give him $$ and put his jeep on jack stands. Or if you can find someone with a ranger or explorer that doesn't mind lending you tires for a day

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is what my LJ looked like on 35's with no lift. The tires and wheels came in a couple of days before my MC fenders were ready to go on and of course I had to put 'em on. If you look carefully you will see where the tires rubbed the stock fender flares. Pretty much any variation in the road surface (speed bumps, rumble strips, flattened soda cans) caused rubbing at any speed. Bottom line: it ain't worth it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Neighbor wasn't interested. I bought some used wheels for 100 bucks and now I am good to go.

This is what my LJ looked like on 35's with no lift. The tires and wheels came in a couple of days before my MC fenders were ready to go on and of course I had to put 'em on. If you look carefully you will see where the tires rubbed the stock fender flares. Pretty much any variation in the road surface (speed bumps, rumble strips, flattened soda cans) caused rubbing at any speed. Bottom line: it ain't worth it.

LongJeep,

Did you only get new fenders to fit those 35's? Pics?

·
Registered
240 Posts
LongJeep,

Did you only get new fenders to fit those 35's? Pics?
I ordered the fenders and the tires/wheels at the same time from different vendors. The fenders were in my garage getting painted when the tires came in. I only drove it for two days (it's my DD) before installing the fenders. I'm still running with no lift, although I have a 2" OME kit coming in from dpgoffroad to eliminate the very slight rubbing I get when fully stuffed and disco'd. I'm still a few inches from full stuff in the photo below.

And here's one where I'm pretty much maxed out on articulation. This is where I get a little bit of rubbing - just enough to polish the paint on the inside of the fenders but not enough to eat into the tread.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I know it's no laughing matter, but that shit had me rolling. This is what every newbie needs to see when they ask what tire will fit stock. Classic

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know it's no laughing matter, but that shit had me rolling. This is what every newbie needs to see when they ask what tire will fit stock. Classic
I aim to please. Occasionally, I even aim...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts