Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a lot of reading and im leaning towards getting the zone 4.25" lift. I want to run 35's Will they fit? will they rub? if so how bad?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
I'd recommend a 1" body lift be added for a little more clearance around the 35's. Not to mention there's a lot more to running 35" tires than just adequate clearance. What model TJ do you have including which engine, and is your rear axle the standard Dana 35 or the optional stronger Dana 44? You'll also need to beef up your steering... tie rod and drag link.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I've been doing a lot of reading and im leaning towards getting the zone 4.25" lift. I want to run 35's Will they fit? will they rub? if so how bad?
They will fit on the vehicle, but you'll need some pretty large bump stop extensions to keep the tires out of the fender flares if you're flexing it. If you're staying on the road and you have the proper bump stops you can run this set up.

33's are usually recommended with the Zone 4.25" Combination Lift Kit.

If you get a larger lift you'll gain clearance with the fender flares but you'll need to make sure you get new wheels with the proper back spacing or some Wheel Spacers to keep the tires from rubbing when you turn.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IT has the D35 But that will be going in favor of a ford 8.8. It has the 4cyl 5speed.
The Zone comes with a 1.25" BL right?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
The 2.5L really isn't up to 35" tires even with 4.88 gearing which is as low as the front Dana 30 can be geared.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
With all due respect, I'm running 4.88 gears, 5 speed and 35's.. It gets up to 73mph and is great offroad. Going to badlands on the 17th!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts