Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through an unfortunate set of circumstances this evening I have to replace my hardtop. I have a 2008 JKUR & there is a 2012 JKU hardtop for sale near my home. Is there any reason the 2012 hard top won't fit my 2008?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
It will fit but in most cases you have to drill two small holes in the bottom edge to accommodate the pins on your '08.

You will also have to add the harness for the wiper/defogger and water pump for 100% functionality.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks spinlock for the info.

Aside from the center footmans loop being off centered on '09-'14 and centered on the '08, if I'm understanding correctly the 2012 wiring harness doesn't match up with the 2008 hardtops?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
It will fit but in most cases you have to drill two small holes in the bottom edge to accommodate the pins on your '08.
Don't drill holes for the pins. The 2 front pins can be removed with a simple Allen wrench. The pins are only for positioning the top. It provides no support so you're safe to remove it

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the responses, that helps a lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious how the fitting went. I have an '08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - bought it originally with a soft top. I've found someone with a '12 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with a hard top in perfect condition and he's wanting to put on a new soft top and sell his hard top to me. Great deal -but I'm afraid to invest in something that might not work. Let me know how yours went - please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts