Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found someone selling their Jeep Wrangler 2016 Factory Radio, they just upgraded and are getting rid of the original radio. I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler, before I buy this I want to make sure it’s going to work in my jeep.

Model number: P68283867ac
Serial number : T00AM1486T0242
Supplier:42774

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,399 Posts
Yes, all 130, 430 and 730 radios are compatible. What I do not know is if you have a 130 radio, whether your rig has a Sirius antennae form the factory. As afar as I know all 430 and 730 would ahve come with Sirius as an option meaning it too would have had the antennae. Its easy to figure out if you have one. Take your passenger freedom top off and there will be a 3-4" semi oval disc mounted outboard of the speaker near the back of the door on the speaker bar.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It will work but the owner will need to provide the unlock code for it which you will be prompted for on screen when you install it and start it up. To get the code, you've got to call a dealer service department with the original VIN and serial number of the deck if I recall.

Reactions: Jab1719

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The same base model worked from my 13' JKU to my buddy's 12' Ram.

No code needed, plug and play. Don't think there's much of a market to steal and sell base model factory radios. His wife got her Uconnect back and stopped bugging him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts