Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a 4dr OEM soft top in my 2dr, will it fit in the back of a 2dr Wrangler?

My back seat is already removed and I will have a passenger along with me so I can't push the passenger seat up too far.

So will all the components fit? (Just worried about the main support bars)

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
mine measures 57" wide at the header. Give it a shot. Mine fit in my wife's sebring with the seat down

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
if you situate it in there as if it was attached and it is folded up, it will probably fit. if you try to lay it front to back in the Jeep, I can't imagine it would fit.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I had a brain fart when I was thinking about it earlier today. It's gonna be the same width (of course) so I can just angle it a little bit and fit it in.

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
I dont believe so unless it folds more than the 2 door top. I recently got a soft top on my 2 door and we had to remove the hard top, lay the soft top in place rolled down around the back roll bars, then put the hard top back on.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
The longest folded dimension is the header, so it's the same length from tailgate to seats as a 2 door top would be. The folded bows are only about 35" long, so if you could get a folded 2 door top, header from tailgate to seats, then a 4 door top would be the same dimension.

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
The longest folded dimension is the header, so it's the same length from tailgate to seats as a 2 door top would be. The folded bows are only about 35" long, so if you could get a folded 2 door top, header from tailgate to seats, then a 4 door top would be the same dimension.
It wouldnt fit from tailgate to seats - thats why we had to "semi install" it under the hard top.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I've transported two 2 door tops at the same time in my 2 door. I imagine you could do the same for a 4 door. I laid one top back as if it was installed then the installed top just closed up normally. I even got all the windows in because it was raining at the time.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I just picked up a used 2 door soft top a week or so ago and i had to leave the glass open on the tail gate and have part of the frame hanging out, it wouldn't fit other wise. At minus 20c it was a cold 70km trip home...brrr

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I just picked up a used 2 door soft top a week or so ago and i had to leave the glass open on the tail gate and have part of the frame hanging out, it wouldn't fit other wise. At minus 20c it was a cold 70km trip home...brrr
SoCal doesn't have that problem

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
SoCal doesn't have that problem
LOL...What sucks is I'm in Southern Ontario the Florida of Canada and these are the temps we have to deal with in the winter months.

I often wish we had southern provinces as far south as your southern states because I wouldn't hesitate to pick up and move in a heart beat... I am not a winter person and hate the cold!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts