Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having fits with keeping my yj idling. Cuts off when i push in the clutch and everybody thinks I want to drag race when i'm sitting at a redlight. None of the vacuum lines are hooked up and I can't find a diagram that works.
So 3 questions:
Do I want to replace with the weber?
If I do can I forget about the vacuum lines?
What about the Holly street avenger?(discription sounds like it will do same thing and almost $100.00 cheaper)

Or...anybody have a link to vacuum lines and I can try that first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah, good ole middle GA! I recently nuttered my 89 and rebuilt my Carter carb. Got rid of most of the vacuum lines, only kept what was needed.
Are you sure you have a weber and not the Carter?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need little more help

No it's the carter. That's why i said "replace with the weber.

I guess knowing which vacuum lines I needed, where they go, and which I could do away with would be a great help.

·
Registered
270 Posts
do you need an e-test if so your best bet is going to be to find a full vac diagram or a 4.0 conversion if not you will only need 3 or 4 of the vac lines

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ga emmisons test are easy to pass, I removed everything I did not need even the fresh air tubes to the converter and the egr supply hose, put a new converter on and passed with hardly raising the numbers at all on the test. I had the timing bumped up as high as I could with no advance for the test.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ah, good ole middle GA! I recently nuttered my 89 and rebuilt my Carter carb. Got rid of most of the vacuum lines, only kept what was needed.
Are you sure you have a weber and not the Carter?
So which v/l's are actually needed? After the Nutter and a MC2100 swap that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts