Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about adding a remote start to my 11 JKU sport. It get's mighty cold up here during the Canadian winters. But I don't want to do it if it hurts my warranty. I have installed them myself on other vehicles that were older and no longer had any warranty, but I would get a licenced shop to do this one for sure. It has no power locks so a basic one would be what I would be getting.
Does anyone know if I have to get the one from the dealer or can I get one from my local Auto Accessories place to keep my warranty?
:wavey:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
remote start shouldn't affect your warranty at all to my knowledge... only time you should have non-coverage issues with mods is if you replace components or if components you add DIRECTLY cause malfunction of stock parts... maybe if your computer fries they might try to claim the remote start caused it, but most dealerships I've dealt with wouldn't.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I assumed it was like installing a stereo, but I've never had a brand new vehicle before, and a warranty was a selling point over buying a 09 or 10. I just didn't want to screw it up.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Lane24 said:
I've been thinking about adding a remote start to my 11 JKU sport. It get's mighty cold up here during the Canadian winters. But I don't want to do it if it hurts my warranty. I have installed them myself on other vehicles that were older and no longer had any warranty, but I would get a licenced shop to do this one for sure. It has no power locks so a basic one would be what I would be getting.
Does anyone know if I have to get the one from the dealer or can I get one from my local Auto Accessories place to keep my warranty?
:wavey:
Hey bud. You can do the jeep yourself. I am a MECP Master certified installer and that is one of the easiest vehicles to do (with the proper parts of course) trust me I generally recommend a professional shop. send me a PM ill get you any information you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts