Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must be the only person on this planet who likes the stock Sahara suspension: I enjoy the cushy ride in combination with the smooth Duratracs.

Those are 33s on, NO lift and no rubbing at the moment, but I have a box with a Rubicon Express 2" Economy Lift sitting in the garage, and I am thinking it may be serve to enhance the appearance of my Jeep, but I don't want to compromise the ride.

My Sahara is my all-weather on-road tourer, so I am not concerned about articulation. Does anyone know if adding the pucks will affect the ride?

Thanks in advance,

Aldo

33" Duratracs, no lift and no rubbing at the moment

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your not the only one. Huge fan of the Sahara. Rides great for a jeep. Running 33s no rubbing but have considering the RE economy or the TF leveling kit. I would love to here some feedback from people with experience with either. Thanks.

^^^ great looking jeep btw.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your not the only one. Huge fan of the Sahara. Rides great for a jeep. Running 33s no rubbing but have considering the RE economy or the TF leveling kit. I would love to here some feedback from people with experience with either. Thanks.

^^^ great looking jeep btw.
Nice, good to hear!

Hey, thanks. Yours as well!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I put the RC 2.5" spacer kit on my JKUR. Rides like stock. You might experience a slight increase in "flightiness" due to caster. I don't really know if I am or not because I didn't drive very many miles before the lift.

If you do, there are some fairly reasonably priced fixed lower control arms that will help correct caster.

I have not researched much yet to determine which control arm joints maintain best rude quality.

From what I have seen, there is a lot of discussion regarding joint flexibility and durability - which could be opposite to ride quality.

Another option for caster correction is control arm drop brackets. Personally, I don't like the idea of reduced clearance.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat, I love the way my 2014 JKU ALTITUDE EDITION Sahara drives. I want to raise it and run 35inch Duratracs or KO2'- 95% of the time it will be drive in the city and on the hwy. I don't want to jeopardize the ride quality. I wish they made a kit for our needs. I know people safe a two inch lift or level kit won't alter the ride, but you read that you still may need to adjust the caster angle or you might need add something to stabilize the steering. I'll be honest I don't even know what that means. I just really want to add bigger tires and lift and level it about two or tow and half inches. Any advise would be helpful. Yes I know it's a waste of money and it will reduce my mileage and it will slowly increase the west and tear on some items. I would just like some advise on how to achieve my goals.

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
I put the RC 2.5" spacer kit on my JKUR. Rides like stock. You might experience a slight increase in "flightiness" due to caster. I don't really know if I am or not because I didn't drive very many miles before the lift.

If you do, there are some fairly reasonably priced fixed lower control arms that will help correct caster.

I have not researched much yet to determine which control arm joints maintain best rude quality.

From what I have seen, there is a lot of discussion regarding joint flexibility and durability - which could be opposite to ride quality.

Another option for caster correction is control arm drop brackets. Personally, I don't like the idea of reduced clearance.
Typically, the best ride is from the stock style Clevite joints like the ones in the TF Sport control arms. They are the same flexibility as stock and offer the best durability too.

I'm in the exact same boat, I love the way my 2014 JKU ALTITUDE EDITION Sahara drives. I want to raise it and run 35inch Duratracs or KO2'- 95% of the time it will be drive in the city and on the hwy. I don't want to jeopardize the ride quality. I wish they made a kit for our needs. I know people safe a two inch lift or level kit won't alter the ride, but you read that you still may need to adjust the caster angle or you might need add something to stabilize the steering. I'll be honest I don't even know what that means. I just really want to add bigger tires and lift and level it about two or tow and half inches. Any advise would be helpful. Yes I know it's a waste of money and it will reduce my mileage and it will slowly increase the west and tear on some items. I would just like some advise on how to achieve my goals.
I hated my Sahara, it rocked all over the place, leaned in corners and rattled on washboard roads... But ride is subjective and everyone likes something a little different.

So, you must have at least 2.5" to run 35's or install flat fenders. Put on the RC Series II Budget Boost and add a set of RE control arm brackets and it will ride just like stock only 2.5" taller.

Or you can upgrade a little and use the TF Sport lower control arms instead of the brackets.

Then when you want to get a little more suspension control, put on some OME or Rancho shocks and ROCK ON!!! :action-smiley:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts