Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pretty good REI dividend coming my way this year so I'm looking at getting a Yeti. I think with my LJ there's enough space to fit one in the back, but I'm sure some of you guys have one with the back seat taken out. What size fits? I think a 65 would be too wide, but haven't actually measured to confirm.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I've carried a 65 qt Pelican in the back with the seat removed. I think it was crossways, might have been longways - but it was in there. I don't have the specs on hand for both, but you can find them pretty easily online.

Better yet, find the specs for the Yeti you want and just measure your Jeep...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Growing up fishing yeti has been the "top" brand. But personally too expensive for me to use on a boat. Theres a company called RTIC that makes coolers pretty much the same cooler for half the cost. I might pic one up, they have a longer warranty than yeti. Take a look at the video below i saw it on a fishing forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U

·
Registered
317 Posts
Other nice yeti like coolers are
Icon Coolers (out of Florida I think)
Kysek (out of Mandeville, Louisiana)
Pelican coolers
Dirt empire coolers
Lit Coolers (integrated lights in them)
Grizzly coolers
K-2 coolers
Bison coolers
Orca coolers

These are the main ones I've been able to use and or I've been sponsored by.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better yet, find the specs for the Yeti you want and just measure your Jeep...
That was the plan, but it's snowing, so figured I'd ask.

Growing up fishing yeti has been the "top" brand. But personally too expensive for me to use on a boat. [/URL]
I agree they are expensive and the only reason I'm looking at one is because I've got an REI dividend coming my way that will cover the cost. I'm pretty set on all my other gear. Growing up hunting and fishing they were always the top pick.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
That was the plan, but it's snowing, so figured I'd ask.
It's 72 degrees and sunny here right now... worked in the garden this morning, I've got my onions, potatoes, spinach and lettuce planted. Then this afternoon I changed the u-joints in the rear driveshaft.

Just thought I'd rub that in a little :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've got a JKU Rubicon, so I can't help with fit. What I can speak on is a Yeti. I keep a 45 in the back of my ride all of the time. The 45 is a great size. I just filled mine an hour or so ago with almost 20 lbs of ice and 22 bottles of water at 16.9 oz per bottle. My cousin keeps a 65 with him. He wishes he had the 45. He said the 65 is just too much for one guy to comfortable move when loaded down. He's a big dude, so I trust that. For me the 45 is perfect. It's the right size and holds plenty of whatever you have.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I think it's the same thing as a yeti but half the cost! I have a 20qt green that I throw on my backseat and its kept ice almost all weekend in the sun with the top off. I think they are based out of Lafayette, Louisiana which is 2 hours from me in New Orleans.

https://www.k2-coolers.com

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got a JKU Rubicon, so I can't help with fit. What I can speak on is a Yeti. I keep a 45 in the back of my ride all of the time. The 45 is a great size. I just filled mine an hour or so ago with almost 20 lbs of ice and 22 bottles of water at 16.9 oz per bottle. My cousin keeps a 65 with him. He wishes he had the 45. He said the 65 is just too much for one guy to comfortable move when loaded down. He's a big dude, so I trust that. For me the 45 is perfect. It's the right size and holds plenty of whatever you have.
Thanks, I'm debating between the 45 and the 50. I've heard others say the 65 is just to big as well.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The 65 is a brick to haul around loaded by yourself. Buddy has one on his boat and getting it up over the gunnel is a two man job

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the 45 but I almost never put it in the TJ any more. My wife got me the soft yeti cooler and I love it. It fits behind the back seat with no issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts