Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I found a person that wants to sell his new ARB snorkel (he bought it 2 years ago but never installed it) for 1/4 of the original price.
Now i have to know if it will fit on my TJ because I have a lightbar in front my windshield.

Do you think it would fit?

Here is a pics:

Thanks in advance.
nicolas-eric :)

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the link...!

one more picture from the drivers side. but on the passengers side it´s the same.:

looking at this picture i think only the air intake on top of the snorker wouldn´t fit, perhaps it can be modified a bit?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I dont think it will fit but you can always sell it for 1/2 the price to someone else that can use it. Hint hint.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
i agree
buy it, dont make the whole!!!!!!!!!!, dry fit it, if it doesnt work then go ahead and re sell it

and it looks like if it is made to go a little higher it will clear,so you could buy some pvc pipe, paint it black and just raise it up 3-4 inches and then the intake would clear it

thant is of course assuming that it is round at the end, which it looks like it is

also remember it makes it a pain to take the doors off!!

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw.
i live in germany and we hav many strange laws about cars and driving. we´re not allowed to take the doors off. only on cars that came stock without doors.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
:mad:

Tell Jeep to sell you one without doors from the factory. :mad:

As much as this country angers me sometimes, god bless the m***** f***ing usa.

:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have always herad how difficult it makes taking off the doors but i dont see how. i understand that when installed it sits almost flush with the doors but if you can still open your door the full amount then how would it be harder? as long as my door is opened (not securely shut all the way i can slid the door off the hinges). is this just what everyone has heard or is there anyone that has the personal experience. just curious cause i plan on getting one soon (not that i need it but i think they look bada$$)

·
Registered
237 Posts
...just curious cause i plan on getting one soon (not that i need it but i think they look bada$$)
I looked at getting one a while back, but after wheeling with a few guys with snorkles I changed my mind. I spend ENTIRELY too much time in the woods to warrant buying one. I get hung up on limbs as it is, I can't imagine how bad it would be with a big black plastic hook sticking up. For me, it made about as much sence as adding ground effects. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the hijack. :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
i hear ya on the getting hung up deal, but i wheel with a couple of guys that have light bars and they do fine. wouldnt imagine it being any higher up than a light would be. but def. something to think about...

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
The snorkle does hinder easy door removal (not impossible, but not a piece of cake) and agreed it gets in the way if wheel'n in woods with tight trails, Frank has bent and replaced the head once already.

View attachment 1761

·
Registered
237 Posts
$100 NIB ain't bad at all. Flip it and make a little money off of it. Then put that $$ toward another mod.

·
Registered
138 Posts
how much would you take for thesnorkle to ship to 37303 in the us?

·
Registered
138 Posts
10-4 on the shipping and how much for the snorkle itself

·
Registered
138 Posts
when you say its hard to take the doors off with a snorkle on are we talking about full doors, soft doors, or both?

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I think it will fit.. just gotta move it out a bit. I'm still confused what about when its raining where does all the water go then since its all sealed down the pipes?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts