Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am not here for a debate about rims on Jeeps but need a serious answer. I am about to trade my truck for a 13 Sahara. I am currently running 20" Rims with 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires on the truck. I have only had them about 6 months and don't want to trade them with the truck. I still have the factory 20's so I can easily swap out. Will the 20's with the 305/55 tires fit a stock Sahara or will I need to do spacers or a lift to make them fit? I appreciate any help!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You will need different rims and wheel spacers. Your tires are about 12 inches wide, which will rub without spacers. Your rims are a different bolt pattern then the Jeep rims. The stock Sahara rims are 18s.

There's a whole different conversation about the suitability of r20 tires for use off road.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will need different rims and wheel spacers. Your tires are about 12 inches wide, which will rub without spacers. Your rims are a different bolt pattern then the Jeep rims. The stock Sahara rims are 18s.

There's a whole different conversation about the suitability of r20 tires for use off road.

Mike
I am pretty sure the lug pattern is the same as I am taking them off a Ram 1500(5 x 5.5) So as long as the bolt pattern matches and I add atleast the 1.5" spacers then I should be ok to run them on the Sahara? As far as suitability for off road... I probably won't be taking off road much as I am only keeping it for a couple of years until the wifes vehicle is paid off and then I am upgrading to a Rubicon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I was wrong as I did some research and found that the Ram is a 5x5.5 pattern and the Unlimited is a 5x5 pattern :( So I guess I will not be keeping my rims and tires. Guess I will try and sell them instead. Oh well i will run factory until I trade up I guess or find some used ones somewhere. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts