Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a local seller with some Katzkin seats out of a 2018 JL that I would like to toss into my 2010 JKU. Everything looks like it will fit just fine, but I figured I'd ask first.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Are additional features like side air bags and seat heaters, the same?

·
Registered
821 Posts
You may need the seat brackets from a JK, which you already have with your current seats.
I'm betting the floor boards are just different enough that the JLs won't sit level in a JK, but thats just a guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are additional features like side air bags and seat heaters, the same?
My 2010 are airbag seats. I am asking the seller about the 2018 seats. Mine did not come with factory heated seats, so if the replacements have them, I would have to wire it in.

I just want to know if they will physically fit and function properly and if anyone has done this type of swap before.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Take out your passenger seat and drive to the seller and do a test fit. They may fit, but the angles may not make for comfortable seating. So a test fit really is your best option. Otherwise, if you're able, be prepared to make some custom seat brackets in order to get the fit you want. Then, in forum tradition, make and sell the custom brackets.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
What seats are a direct swap with JKs? I imagine any JK will swap. Are rubicon seats way more comfy than sport seats? Figured I’d ask so I can keep an eye on my local junk yard. If I can swap out for comfy seats, I might just do it

·
Registered
4 Jeep family
297 Posts
Depends on the person. The 2013-2018 seats preferred by most. We have a 2012 and 2013 and like each seat for different reasons.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine are 2010 seats. were those liked by anyone? :)

Seller confirmed the seats are airbag and heated.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Are you going for it? I'm interested in how it turns out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts