Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my muffler got dented up pretty good and was leaking and making an annoying hissing noise so I just ripped it off. and I don't have the money to get a new one right now. but it actually doesn't sound too shabby haha "a good old reackneck exhaust" 馃槀

so what I was originally asking was if it will mess up my jeep if I leave it off until I get some money. I disconnected it after the cat and right before the muffler. so I still have my cat on there

Registered
my muffler got dented up pretty good and was leaking and making an annoying hissing noise so I just ripped it off. and I don't have the money to get a new one right now. but it actually doesn't sound too shabby haha "a good old reackneck exhaust" 锟斤拷

so what I was originally asking was if it will mess up my jeep if I leave it off until I get some money. I disconnected it after the cat and right before the muffler. so I still have my cat on there
it's fairly common to melt stuff without a proper muffler and tailpipe to slow & direct the ~500掳-600掳F exhaust gasses safely behind the vehicle. one thread I read had scary pictures of a melted fuel tank....luckily he ran out of fuel as it leaked all over the road, and the Jeep didn't catch fire and burn down in a blaze of ignorance.

Registered
X2. I would be cautious with that. Probably shouldn't have torn it off until the replacement was sitting on the shop floor. You said $$ is an issue, but I just did a Banks Monster last week and it's great. You could do a Thrush and a tailpipe for about half the Banks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts