Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 430n from a 2010 work in my 13 that currently only has the factory Bluetooth radio?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, any help? Found one for sale locally and want to know if it is simply plug and play or what? Thanks!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Make sure it's a high speed unit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The model is NTG4 RER if that means anything. It is on Craigslist for $300. Worth that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that it may be low speed just by googling that model number. How big of a difference does that make?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Low speed won't work. The RER is a 730. Can you get the part number off the radio's label from the owner? If so, google that and see what it fits.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's difficult to know in advance if it will work. I recently learned some lessons the hard way tinkering with my 2011 Wrangler radio:

There are many model numbers and not all "high speed bus" radios are compatible with Wrangler. I purchased a "high speed" 130S model RES from an eBay seller (pulled from a Dodge Charger), thinking it would work in my Wrangler, but it did not. I ended up finding a Wrangler pull from a local CL seller.

You'll need the anti-theft code. The original owner can get that code from a dealer.

It's pretty easy to take apart the dash and simply plug it in to test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDAIWfeXgU

If you do purchase the 430n and are tempted to upgrade the firmware on the radio to the "latest and greatest", be sure to upgrade only in steps and not all at once to the latest. I bricked my 430n because I "jumped right in" and tried to upgrade FW from a low version directly to the latest. (Thus, my subsequent purchase of a 130S.)

Just personal taste, but I'm happy now with my 130S RES. I didn't really like the touchscreen and blue graphics on the 430N, which is what got me started tinkering with the firmware. Wish I hadn't bricked it tho, so I could have tried to resell. Oh well.

In my opinion, $300 is a fair asking price for a working 430N.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts