Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 JKUR HR with the factory wheels and BFG 255/75/17 MT's. I am looking at some takeoffs for driving around town. I see a lot of Bridgestone Dueler AT's. There are tons of Goodyears but they seem to all get poor rating from my searches.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Same bolt pattern, back spacing and similar overall dimension. The preferred 17" size has better selection of tires.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
It seems that most people go from 18” to 17” as noted above. I just bought my Sahara and the dealer put five new tires on it. I want to get slightly larger tires but it’s hard to justify.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2017 JK SPORT stock and put a set of 18' saraha take off wheels and tires on . No problems at all . Fast forward I now have a set of recon take off 17" BF Goodrich MT that i like the looks of but would not of believed how different it rides now..I wanted the look but paid the price in ride quality ! Now considering an AT tire .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I like my BFG AT's with my 17" Rubicon HR wheels, but looking on craigslist and such there are a bunch of like new takeoff Sahara 18" wheels with tires mounted, balanced, and tpms installed for a lot cheaper than I can buy just the tires at the tire shops. Thought since my Jeep is driven 80%+ on pavement, I can use the AT's when I go offroad.

·
Super Moderator
15,131 Posts
Yep, fit just fine... As mentioned, it's more common to go from 18 to 17 for tire selection. But for a winter tire or DD tire if you have some aggressive M/T's on the 17's, the 18 work just fine.

And yes, it's hard to pass up a brand new set of take offs for $400-$500....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts