Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 2007 Rubicon w/ 3.8L , manual transmission, 2.5" lift, 33's and a CAI. I'm thinking about regearing do to the sluggish nature on hwy hills and really poor gas mileage around town.
I'm having trouble finding a mechanic to do the regearing.
But I've been reading about the Superchip Traildash 2 and wondering if this could help before the bigger job.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wish I could offer up real help.....
I have a 2015 and the 2015+ JK’s have a different ECU than the earlier 3.6 powered JKs and those are also most likely different from the 3.8 powered Jeeps.
What I can tell you is that while the power increase was touted to be 30hp and 30tq, it is noticeable - but not substantial.
What is really “better” with the TD2 is the Automatic transmission management / shift points. Unfortunately, that would do you no good...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a 3.8 manual, '08 Sport JKU. I've used the older Flashpaq & a Diablo i200. It may make a bit of difference but I honestly cannot tell. Not even with tracking fuel consumption all the time.

What I did find was, with an eco (or any) tune, higher octane fuel, and an AEV snorkel for cold air, (ie, not from under the hood), my inlet temps dropped from ~15-25C over ambient to ~5-10C over & I don't ping as much, if at all, going uphill in summer. It was the snorkel that made the most difference for what I was trying to do.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi! I have a 2007 Rubicon w/ 3.8L , manual transmission, 2.5" lift, 33's and a CAI. I'm thinking about regearing do to the sluggish nature on hwy hills and really poor gas mileage around town.
I'm having trouble finding a mechanic to do the regearing.
But I've been reading about the Superchip Traildash 2 and wondering if this could help before the bigger job.

Any opinions?

The TrailDash2 will help to adjust the computer for the gear ratio after you have re-geared, but won't do much to boost performance on a jeep that needs new gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts