Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rex-re1680?seid=srese1&gclid=CKOO8cWux8MCFRSFfgodYkEAow

I'm thinking they should be ok but something I just realized is that these RE track bars (both front and rear) specifically state for lifts of 3.5-4.5''. That's pretty specific vs. say the TerraFlex Monster track bars that say they work with lifts of 0-6''. I will be installing a Mopar STAGE 3, 3'' Lift and my local shop said the Rubicon Express track bars would be great. The set was about $100 less then the Terraflex. I have 2 dr Jeep and from what I understand i'll actually get 4-4.5'' of Lift because it's a 2dr and there will be less weight on the coils. With that being said, would there be anything wrong with these RE track bars or will I be fine with them?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
It's a little bit of a word game. The amount of lift listed for the track bars is the actual amount of lift. In contrast, the advertised lift for the kit isn average of the amount of lift for some average Jeep (usually slightly heavier than stock) in the front and the rear. The front requires 1-1.5" more lift to eliminate the rake which most lifts are designed to do. For this reason lifts kits usually generate more lift than advertised. How much depends on how heavy your Jeep is particularly in front (bumper, winch, etc).

Bottom line: the RE track bars will most likely work well with the MOPAR 3" lift, although the TF are better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"although the TF are better."

@spinlock, thanks for the breakdown it makes sense. What factors make the Terraflex track bars better?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone can chime in and offer info as to why the RE track-bar isn't as good as the TF please do. I looked at both of them in depth and they both seem extremely well built and see both adjustsble. My 4x4 shop said it wasn't worth spending $100 more on the TF when the RE Is just as good. Can anyone offer input on the benefits of either or both?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Let me preface this by saying I have neither but just in comparison to the front trackbar, the TF is forged steel and the RE looks to be tubing. The TF is adjustable while on the vehicle and it appears one end of the RE will need to be taken down to adjust. The TF claims to be 230% stronger than stock. With a $60 price difference I would give the nod to the TF. I don't think the rear track bar would as significant

·
Super Moderator
14,581 Posts
I would also recommend checking out the Rock Krawler track bars they are a great value.

Our Bomb Proof front track bar features:

• Double Adjustable Ends (for precise centering of the front axle)
  • Made from 1.5" Diameter Solid Alloy Steel
  • Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I was really looking into the RK at their price point but some have had diff cover interference issues that scared me off.

·
Super Moderator
14,581 Posts
I think that's only an issue with the poison spider covers which are much larger than typical. But I haven't experienced it myself... I have the RK on order for my build and I will be sure to use a diff cover that isn't an issue.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Jedi

I know you mentioned the TF are forged making them better then the RE but I just
Spoke to my local 4wd shop and they said the RE track bars they sell are 4130 Chromoly Forged Steel which is Stronger then the TF standard forged Steel. The guy said he sells far more of the RE Chromoly then the TF but he has both for sale. . He said the only issue he's ever seen with the RE Is every 3-4 years the Heims may need to be replaced which is $30.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I couldn't tell you for sure. The alloy itself may be stronger but is it a solid piece? Does RE make a claim as to what % stronger than stock theirs is? It may be, I don't know. When I get one it won't be for centering the axle as it will be for less trackbar deflection when 35s are pushing against it. TF has a video that shows the flex of the stock piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts