Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this in craigslist and want to kniw if it will work in a 99 tj
"set of ford 1 ton axles front is a Dana 60 high pinion complete minus locking hubs ratio is 5:13 open carrier plus extra 4:10 gear to go with it great condition new brakes ball joints and wheel bearing with 5k on them new drag link also rear is a sterling 10.50 5:13 ratio also and also have spare 4:10 to go with it new brakes and axle seals on it also has professionally built traction bar brackets welded on limited slip carrier in rear"

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
"set of ford 1 ton axles front is a Dana 60 high pinion complete minus locking hubs ratio is 5:13 open carrier plus extra 4:10 gear to go with it great condition new brakes ball joints and wheel bearing with 5k on them new drag link also rear is a sterling 10.50 5:13 ratio also and also have spare 4:10 to go with it new brakes and axle seals on it also has professionally built traction bar brackets welded on limited slip carrier in rear"
It will work as long as you have the right brackets welded on the axle. It won't be a bolt-in deal, the only bolt-in are from TJ'S and XJ/MJ/ZJ front axles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will work as long as you have the right brackets welded on the axle. It won't be a bolt-in deal, the only bolt-in are from TJ'S and XJ/MJ/ZJ front axles.
How difficult to get brackets

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's a lot more to it than just the axles. I suggest reading up on what all will be needed. I believe you'll need to look into the steering/brakes/gears(depending on what motor/trans you have)

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Can you weld? Have you thought about what your custom steering will look like? How about the custom linked suspension? Even with a good bracket kit, you are getting into some pretty involved fabrication.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you weld? Have you thought about what your custom steering will look like? How about the custom linked suspension? Even with a good bracket kit, you are getting into some pretty involved fabrication.
Can weld suspension may be hard found steering just checking out my options on builds

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not trying to be a dick, but there's a lot more to it than just the axles. I suggest reading up on what all will be needed. I believe you'll need to look into the steering/brakes/gears(depending on what motor/trans you have)
Completely understand I agree will be reading up

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I liked your idea about going with 33s and think I might do it just seeing for future reference how difficult to build a bigger jeep

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Like we have been telling you all weekend, this is big time stuff. And you are clearly starting at the beginning. Not trying to discourage you from figuring it out. But I would strongly strongly suggest learning the basics on a smaller build before tackling something this involved.

I'll say this with no disrespect for WF, but you need to do your research elsewhere. Jeep Forum has more of this going on, but even they max out on 35s most of the time. Pirate 4x4 is what you really need to be studying, but they will give you a very hard time unless you have some idea of what your are doing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You also should be thinking about a wheel base stretch.

Like we have been telling you all weekend, this is big time stuff. And you are clearly starting at the beginning. Not trying to discourage you from figuring it out. But I would strongly strongly suggest learning the basics on a smaller build before tackling something this involved.

I'll say this with no disrespect for WF, but you need to do your research elsewhere. Jeep Forum has more of this going on, but even they max out on 35s most of the time. Pirate 4x4 is what you really need to be studying, but they will give you a very hard time unless you have some idea of what your are doing.
I am new to this and I will check it out thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts

Couldn't agree more about Pirate. Just either have your shit together or have very thick skin before posting "beginner" questions. I've seen some threads go downhill quick over there :rofl:

Everything you want can be done....just depends on how much time and/or money you want to throw at it.

I would suggest stretching the wheelbase if you're going 1-tons :D

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I am new to this and I will check it out thanks for your help!
These things take time to understand. And if you really are into it from a functional standpoint, the learning process is a tremendous amount of fun.

We all started out at the beginning. A Jeep is an education. Four years ago, I started all this with a stock Jeep and knowing next to nothing except that I was going to run 33s while building a very good platform for 35s. Function would largely take precedence over form. I have stuck with that all the way through. Last year, I bought a welder and cut off all of my stock suspension to install mid arms. Soon I hope to move all of the shock mounts in order to build in as much suspension travel as my lift and drive lines will allow. In all honesty, my Jeep is already overbuilt for most of what I do with it, but the learning and building is very enjoyable and satisfying.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am also hear for axle questions... does anyone know the stance of a 98' F-250? My old Job might be gvetting did of this truck soon and as of right noe, I want the axles (Dana 50 with manual locking hubs and a Dana 60 in the rear)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
62,805 Posts
I am also hear for axle questions... does anyone know the stance of a 98' F-250? My old Job might be gvetting did of this truck soon and as of right noe, I want the axles (Dana 50 with manual locking hubs and a Dana 60 in the rear)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This site shows a D50 IFS and 10.25 rear(I swear I thought they were solid front axles). As far as stance, I assume you mean Width(WMS)? That's around 69".

Front
https://www.ringpinion.com/DiffWizard.aspx

Rear
https://www.ringpinion.com/DiffWizard.aspx

1 - 20 of 24 Posts