·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Tblake1797 trail grapplers run close/exceed given numbers. just ask @mommymallcrawler. Your rear links might come in contact w/ the 35x12.5/17 trail grapplers. 5" backspace might/may not work. its really pushing it especially with the tires chosen.
I really like the 18s is my problem. But if these will fit, I'll get them.
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep-Wheel-Accessories/XD811-Rockstar-II-17x9-with-5-on-5-and-5-on-135-Bolt-Pattern-Matte-Black.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=W/PXD81179043712N&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&gclid=COKSrOTmy8UCFQwPaQodxJAAkA

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
the safe zone is 4.5 backspacing or less. I'm not saying that 5" backspacing will not fit as some of them do. Its the tire that's chosen that might give it a headache combination especially with the rear links. The fronts can easily be trimmed, but if the rear links rub, your going to need spacers or reverse the links.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the safe zone is 4.5 backspacing or less. I'm not saying that 5" backspacing will not fit as some of them do. Its the tire that's chosen that might give it a headache combination especially with the rear links. The fronts can easily be trimmed, but if the rear links rub, your going to need spacers or reverse the links.
Alright, well if those 17x9s fit, then I'll get those.

·
Super Moderator
14,518 Posts
The 5" should be fine. We have members running the 35 Trail Grapplers on AEV's which are 5.2 back spacing.

I have yet to find a 5" with a 12.5 or less tire with rub. 13.5's yes, 37's yes, but not 35/12.5's...

That statement should find someone if they are out there... :beerdrinking:

·
Super Moderator
14,518 Posts
thanks @Pressurized for clearing that up. Gives more peace of mind to the user.
Well it's so hard to be definitive on these Jeeps, even if it's the exact same set up you run. They are all a little different. This is just working within the norms of measurements we use... :beerdrinking:

·
Super Moderator
8,177 Posts
@Tblake1797 trail grapplers run close/exceed given numbers. just ask @mommymallcrawler. Your rear links might come in contact w/ the 35x12.5/17 trail grapplers. 5" backspace might/may not work. its really pushing it especially with the tires chosen.
Nitto does list their tires as wider. I run 4.25 backspace on 17x9 and while I clear the links, it isnt by a mile. They list 37s (17) at 13.43, and 35s (17) at 13.19, (18) at 13.39. I think 5 bs may be cutting it verrrryyyy close. Your front control arms are also fair game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts