Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. Just got a JKU with both hard and soft top. When I took the hardtop off today for the first time and tried to put up the soft top, I realized that the soft top was missing the 3 zip windows for the back :(
I went on craigslit and found this ad but I need advice/opinions before purchase. First question is : will these windows fit on my wrangler UNLIMITED even though these are for the JK 2 doors?
2nd question: if it WILL fit on my unlimited, is that a fair price or can I get it somewhere cheaper?

View attachment 281496

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Did you buy your Jeep new? If you bought it new, go back to the dealership and get your windows. There are two boxes that come with the soft top if you buy from the dealer and the hardtop is installed. When i bought my 13JKU i bought the dual top group as well and was missing both boxes for my hardware and windows.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't buy it new. It's a 2008 JKU Sahara. My dad bought it in NY in 2009 (i think). Hes getting a new car so I took his wrangler and I'm finishing the payments. He never even looked at the soft top the whole time he had it so he never realized there were no windows. The soft top was installed under the hardtop and was just sitting there unused for the last 4 yrs. Mind you I drove the wrangler from NY all the way to south Florida. Going back to dealer probably won't cut it lol. So now I'm just looking for windows.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Gotcha.. I would check out one of the vendors on the forum as well. You can buy replacement windows made specifically for your Jeep and new. Quadratec has the bestop kit with all 3 new windows for under $400. Good luck in your search!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Anyone else?
That looks like an entire soft top set. If they are close- drive over to see if they fit, if see buy them. Seems like a very low price for the entire soft top.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The windows for a 2 door will not fit your JKU. I think 2007-2010 JKU tops will be identical. Then 2011-2014 are identical. I believe the change was the door surround system and the windows from any of them are interchangeable but I can't give you a guarantee on that. Also the "premium" soft top from 2013&2014 will be a different fabric. If you find a used set of windows only they are very likely to be well used and scratched (and the guy selling them is replacing them with new) since your soft top is practically new I would really consider grabbing a set of bestop replacement windows.

I agree that $150 seems low for a full soft top. (I searched for and bought a Craig's list soft top this past winter. All the ones under $300 ended up being tops I wouldn't buy because of condition or missing parts, but if Those windows fit and look good that's a great deal)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts