Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put a 1" Day star body lift on my 1994 jeep, will I be able to fit 31" tires on it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will fit my jeep when I bought it had 30x9.5r15 with no lift all stock!! U shouldn't have any problems
Ya I am planning on getting 31x10.7x16 tires.... that still work?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also if ordering tires and wheels off tirerack.com does it figure out the offset and backspacing for you automatically.

·
Registered
101 Posts
And as far as tirerack.com I would know your backspacing before ordering, instead of taking their word. They don't take stuff back after mounted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Clearing the tire and being able to flex off road with clearance is a big difference. You will be able to fit 31s on the road but when offloading you will rub

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And as far as tirerack.com I would know your backspacing before ordering, instead of taking their word. They don't take stuff back after mounted.
How do I figure out my backspacing.

431 Posts
Bhsanchez72 yes it will work u may rub when making a sharp turn. I just got home and my 4' RC LIFT waiting for me so that my project this weekend. I got my stock suspension with 33x12.50r15 on Craiger soft 8 15x8 and I rub,so I trimmed fenders but rub the most when turning but after I put the lift on this weekend no more rubbing

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am pretty sure stock wheels have a backspacing of 5.5 inches. I know u don't want to go with anything higher than that. I just don't know what backspacing is best on lifted jeeps. I need to get my butt in gear and start figuring out what I need for my build. I will try to pull a wheel off after work and do some measuring to see what backspacing will work. I don't want a wheel that sticks out too much. I like the wheel tucked nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts