Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the Rugged Ridge brand (as opposed to Mopar) door entry guards installed and have not had any problems with them. No leaks, no impact on the door closing, no issues at all.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
These look like a good idea... but my experience was they didn't fit great and create a space for dirt to get trapped. I know this because as soon as it hit -30, the first time I tapped one it just popped off. The glue strips stuck to the Jeep fine... they popped from the protector.

They don't interfere with the door...

I'm not sure what would be better... maybe making off the area and using bed-liner or plasti...

·
Registered
199 Posts
No issues with ours on the two Jeeps we own. We have the MOPAR ones and got them at a good price off Ebay.

Reactions: JoeFriday

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Michigan - 4 Seasons!

I also have a lifetime of decal experience. I am not too concerned about 'adhesion' as I know that 3M makes great accessory tape. You HAVE to install self adhesive products in a warm setting, and allow the pressure sensitive adhesive to gain it's maximum adhesion potential (generally within 48 hrs). If you install any self adhesive product; such as tape, moldings, etc below 60 degrees.... you can expect less than desirable adhesion properties. Once the product has had time to reach it's full adhesion strength in an appropriately warm setting.... you should be good to go for the long haul.

My main concern was if the sill affected the door closing/sealing properties.

Thanks guys for all the replies - they are all much appreciated and valuable!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Funny how this came up today, my Mopar Sill Protectors are to be delivered by US Post Office today. I see no problem with adhesion here, it should be 100 degrees today.

trainman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts