Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 31's and stock wheels today. Yj is sitting on jackstands in garage.
I have new 295/65/18 = 33.1x11.6/18 duratracs sitting in the garage that I want to put to use.
I am having a hell of a time finding wheels. The wheel I like is a
18x9 with a 4.50 backspacing. Will this combo work for a mostly street cruiser with a few trips to the dunes?
I have a 2 inch body lift on and gonna order a 4 inch lift.
Someone please help me out. Having a hard time gettiing answers since 18's r frowned upon in the yj world.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Call your local tire shop see if it is all good and have them mounted up. It alll sounds goood and should fit the rim just fine. If you like 18s run em it is your Jeep and your money.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
you might have a problem with them rubbing with only 4.5 backspacing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im definitely not worried about what others think of 18s. The backspacing is just what concerns me a bit. It is just about impossible to get a 5x4.5 on a 18 with less than 4.5 back spacing.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I say try 'em and if you have rubbing issues get some spacers.

I would like to see picts if you do this. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about spacers, but I am a little hesitant as my young girls will be riding in this jeep. Are guys having issues with spacers around 3/4" thick? I would use loctite, just dont know if i trust them.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I thought about spacers, but I am a little hesitant as my young girls will be riding in this jeep. Are guys having issues with spacers around 3/4" thick? I would use loctite, just dont know if i trust them.
I have 3/4" ones on mine with 33" tires; no problems what so ever. Except I was not thrilled with the guy putting red loctite on the threads and my impact wrench could not break them loose when I went to rebuild the brakes. A 3ft breaker bar was needed, and a mouth full of curse words. :)

I would(and did) just torque down the lug nuts on them and to date no troubles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts