Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up 5 rubicon take-offs tomorrow.

255-75 r17 BFGoodrich Mud terrains

My question is will 4 of these fit in the back of my 2door Jk hardtop? I will obviously put one on the spare carrier but need to get the other 4 back with me. Will the top support a tire if I need to strap one on top?

Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yup, they will fit. Just take out the backseat of course.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I did just that after I bought my Jeep. I removed the backseat, threw 4 in back and the 5th on the spare rack. There was room to spare, even! Have at it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks. Just wanted to make sure before I drove an hour to pick them up that I wasn't going to run into problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will be meeting Newt tomorrow to deliver the takeoffs. He will be happy to have them and I will be happy for them to be gone. Newt, the Sport is going to look great.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
yea dont put one on your hardtop, mine scratches if I look at it wrong! these are 265/75r17's

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I will be meeting Newt tomorrow to deliver the takeoffs. He will be happy to have them and I will be happy for them to be gone. Newt, the Sport is going to look great.
Putting the Rubicon's on completely changed the look of the Jeep over the stock steelies.. You're going to like it a lot! I was able to find a set of 5 an hour away that were already Plasti-Dipped and had the almost new tires still mounted for $550! He even threw in 2 extra cans of Plasti-Dip! Gotta love Craigslist!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Putting the Rubicon's on completely changed the look of the Jeep over the stock steelies.. You're going to like it a lot! I was able to find a set of 5 an hour away that were already Plasti-Dipped and had the almost new tires still mounted for $550! He even threw in 2 extra cans of Plasti-Dip! Gotta love Craigslist!
Nice. Yeah lefty definitely is giving me the best deal around here. I have been calling around pricing getting the TPMS swapped out of the stocks. Undecided if I want to plasti dip or not.

How much of a difference will it make if I don't adjust the speedo? Or do I even need to?

·
Registered
26 Posts
On your speed question, on mine if I am showing 65mph on the speedo, actual speed is ~73mph. According to the GPS, it is ~4-5mph over indicated at 40mph.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I took out the back seat and was able to fit all 5 of my stock 255/75R17 wheels and tires in the back of my 2dr when I got the new tires installed:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got 33's on my '02 and 2010 and both are right at 5 mph off. We paced them another stock car . The '02 is an x model that I bought 2 be handed so I don't know what the stock tires where. The 2010 had the steel rims on it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have 5 sra's in the back of my 2 door right now 4 are stacked like pancakes the fifth is crammed along the side, seat is still in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses. I will probably just have the dealer adjust the speedo for me depending on the price.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
5 Rubi tires in a 2door with hard top and no rear seat

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. They fit very easily and are being installed tomorrow. Can't wait!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Just FYI y'all-
UHaul rented me a 4 X 6 trailer for $22 for 6 hours. Needed to pick up (5) 305/70/17s- no way they were fitting in my 2 door. Cheap, easy, did the job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts