Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a possiblity I may be selling my 06 TJ. My wife insists on buying only a new wrangler. I have parts that I haven't put on the TJ yet. New fender flairs and a set of tubular side steps. Will these possibly fit a new JK? I forgot to mention they are after market parts.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Nope, they've completely redesigned the newer jeeps, virtually nothing is interchangeable. IMO your crazy for getting rid of the TJ.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Since when does the wife tell you what to drive. Mine won't even think about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a long story. It's a legal issue. I'll make it brief. We bought the TJ in September from a small dealship. Paid cash for it. Waited 30 days for the title ( very common), the title didn't show up. Called the dealership, disconnected. Looked at the web site, Gone. Researched the dealer, his house was up for sale. He cashed our check, left the state. After months of dealing with the floor plan group who had the title, signed legal papers with them had our attorney look at the legal paperwork, got the title. The DMV needed signatures on transfer of title and odometer reading from the dealer. Explained the dealer doesn't exist anymore. They still require signature from someone who has POA for dealership. The dealerships legal rep can't sign off on anything. So now, it's sell the TJ back to the floorplan group if I can't get a new title or go to court and sue for bond money or sue to bond for title. I've already dropped about 2k into the TJ. If can sell it back to the floorplan group with what I've got in it, I can buy a new wrangler. That's why the wife is gun shy about about buying used from anyone or a small dealership. Sorry for the long post. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Just buy a Tj from a big franchise dealer. Like a jeep dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow. That sucks man. Ummmm....I'm with these guys, buy a TJ from a respectable Jeep dealership in your area. You'll save yourself a whole lot of money, and you can still put your toys on your new TJ. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Heck just get anybody to sign it. If you don't say anything no one will be the wiser, it's for administration purposes, they need a sig, doesn't really matter who from.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I don't think you'd be happy settling for something else. I'd go to the Jeep dealerships and look around and send the wife flowers everytime you go

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heck just get anybody to sign it. If you don't say anything no one will be the wiser, it's for administration purposes, they need a sig, doesn't really matter who from.
First of all, it's fraud. I don't need to go to jail for a TJ! It does matter who signs these documents. The Colorado State Criminal Investigator is all over this. #2 We investigated the dealer before we purchased. The dealership had an A+ rateing with the BBB. No complaints. Been in business for five years. According to the legal people I have been chatting with, this has and can occur with any dealership. Big or small. Unlikely with a huge dealership that's been business for years. Dealerships don't even have titles on their premises. Most of them don't even own the cars. You pay them, they pay their floorplan group or lender, the lender sends them the title. Ask any dealership to show you the title to any car your going to buy, new or used, I'd bet they can't show you the title.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts